Second Skin Audio

inverting subs

sorry dont know if this has been brought up before. what difference will you get when you invert subs in a slot ported box. will it hit lower louder or will it lose bass. or is just a design thing

Subs- 2AA Arsenal 15sAmps- Orion2500d/MemphisDoors- Infinity kapa/AA polymids(soon)Deck- Pioneer PrimerBox- 3.5 per chamber!!!!!!!!/28hzElectrical- two optima red tops/160alt(big 3 soon)OHIO BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you dont have to account for the displacement of the subs....makes more usable cubes in less space

thanks my shit loud now will it sound the same. i have 3.5cu per chamber two 15s

Subs- 2AA Arsenal 15sAmps- Orion2500d/MemphisDoors- Infinity kapa/AA polymids(soon)Deck- Pioneer PrimerBox- 3.5 per chamber!!!!!!!!/28hzElectrical- two optima red tops/160alt(big 3 soon)OHIO BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it will change the tune,  it may get louder it may get quieter, try it out and see.

wouldnt it be like a bandpass box since the subs are inside the box and  all the sound will be coming out the port?

only thing really differnt when inverting will be displacement change, & you'll get mechanical noise

I doubt you will here any mech noise, unless you put your ear right next to the motor, it changes the amount of airspace you have,  so now the tunning will change abit.

only thing really differnt when inverting will be displacement change, & you'll get mechanical noise

I doubt you will here any mech noise, unless you put your ear right next to the motor, it changes the amount of airspace you have,  so now the tunning will change abit.

one last question would you reccomend  inverting subs.