This is a long ways off, but this will happen one way or another. Strait to the point: I want to put an LS7 in my 2000 Silverado. It won't be my current 4x4 silverado but I'll be getting another in a few months. It will be a 2000 Silverado V6 2wd.

I don't know much about engines and what not but I want to kind of get an idea of the cost involved in doing such a major modification. I know I will basically have to replace everything (tranny, cooling, suspension etc.), but I don't know what all I would need to replace and upgrade.

Can you guys help me out to get an idea of what I'm getting into.

Btw, here is where I'm getting my idea: LINK

Also of note . . . this truck will most likely be bagged, have a wall-o-18s, and 24" rims. It wont be for the strip, but none the less . . .

This sounds like a cool project, but isn't it kind of defeating the purpose of the LS1?

This is a very light high reving motor meant for raw speed.

A truck is heavy, has no aerodynamics and is not meant for speed and will need some major suspension work.

EDIT: Sorry I did say LS1 not LS7..my bad.

If the LS7 is tuned right it would definately work adequately, however, you still have to overcome the weight of the truck and throw some work in the suspension.

Edited by str86diesel

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

This sounds like a cool project, but isn't it kind of defeating the purpose of the LS1?

This is a very light high reving motor meant for raw speed.

A truck is heavy, has no aerodynamics and is not meant for speed and will need some major suspension work.

edit: disregard my nubness

I will look into other engines but I think the LS7 would be the one I want

I'll try and call up jegs or some perforamce shop to see what kind and amount of work I'll be looking into. I'd hate to lose the airbags but I guess if you have an LS7 in your truck, who would care about bags? haha

Edited by Tub Asko

I dont think it would end up being that hard, since the silverado's do come from the factory with the 5.4L engine which is, for all intents and purposes, a LSx block with sleeves to reduce displacement. However I think it would be alot cheaper to do just a plain LS1 swap, since you can find those engines for fairly cheap, and with the money you save you can buy parts the would make it put out much more power than a stock LS7. as far as suspension, I dont think you would have too much of a problem (not sure about fullsize suspensions), but you would kind of defeat the purpose of a go-fast motor if you want to put a wall of 18's in there.

Edited by 01xtreme

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

Would you drive a truck with an ls7 and 4 18s in it :wub::wub::wub:

I would :)

edit: I will look into the LS1 and you are right, with the money saved, I could easily through a supercharger, among other things, on it and work it out.

Edited by Tub Asko

ls7 engine in the silverado would be sick! if you want to go the ls1 route, they're rated at 375 lbs of torque, and 350 hp, you can find them on corvette forum.com in the southern california for sale section, for a few grand, sometimes complete with tranny, then get the APS twin turbo kit

Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details

I've always been a fan of the supercharger, but after scrapin and watching the diesels race (big mofos running 13s on the 1/4 mile) and burnouts, the sound of that turbo spooling was enought to make me cream in my pants :wub::wub:

Twin turbo may be the route.

APS makes a turbo system for the corvette of course.. magnacharger is pretty much the best supercharger for the ls series engines, everyone on corvetteforum has them, if you wanted to go that route, twin turbo kit is like 10 grand though

magnacharged

i could listen to this for a very long time too

Edited by treossi

Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details