Not so regular cab Chevy - Back in business

Yah yah I know its same old shit but progress nonetheless

DSC00314.jpg

DSC00315.jpg

Just a quick observation, compared to 3m and such you get from Lowes or HD.. Us Composites resin is a LOT thinner, like comparing syrup to water. Took a while to get used to it and made a mess with drips. I feel that when I bust out the mat tomorrow, the wet-out of this resin will be amazing compared to what I am used to.

Yah yah I know its same old shit but progress nonetheless

DSC00314.jpg

DSC00315.jpg

Just a quick observation, compared to 3m and such you get from Lowes or HD.. Us Composites resin is a LOT thinner, like comparing syrup to water. Took a while to get used to it and made a mess with drips. I feel that when I bust out the mat tomorrow, the wet-out of this resin will be amazing compared to what I am used to.

I use resin just like that from a local glass distributor. It's super thin and applies wonderfully. It really soaks through mat very well.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

All I can say is I am disappointed that I have been using 3m shit for so many years before trying some quality resin. Ill never go back to it no matter what, this shit is awesome!

DSC00316.jpg

DSC00317.jpg

You know how it is, glassing is ugly before it gets pretty.

Only doing the passenger door today since I have to keep the panels on the door while they cure and I do this all before I go to work. Not enough time to do the driver panel today, maybe tomorrow if I wake up early enough. Monday I hope to have both panels glassed on the front and at least the passenger door strength glassed on the back.

Well I changed my mind, after that last post I was browsing through the never ending fiberglass hall of fame that is Tim Prins (Groundpounder2k2) section and decided I had time to get a little more done.

DSC00320.jpg

DSC00321.jpg

DSC00322.jpg

No space untouched

DSC00323.jpg

Dont mind the old glass I left there for mounting the rings, just showing the new glass between it and the ring.

Tomorrow I will get the driver panel front done, possibly the back. Thus leaving my day off for hours of cutting, grinding and sanding.

Got a bit done today..

Used some small rope on the passenger door to give the flat section some rigidity (fiberglass is strongest in curves not flat surfaces)

DSC00325.jpg

DSC00327.jpg

DSC00324.jpg

I also got the back glassed on the driver door, curing now

DSC00328.jpg

Both holes cut out and cleaned up

DSC00329.jpg

You know I had to mount them

DSC00330.jpg

DSC00332.jpg

No this isnt final, im just not ready to do the finishing touches and im out of body filler.

I am going to get the driver door on like this one and sometime this week pick up some kitty hair and rage for something to do this weekend

Archived