Second Skin Audio

Questions About New Mach Audio Mj-18m

Hey guys I really want to do a single 18 in my car but I want to do it in the trunk so I can only really fit one. I thought with the new MJ -18M there would be better/ lower impedances on the subs. It says on the site that it is a single 4 ohm voice coil and i don't know if that would be good enough for the amp I have I would like to run it atleast 2 ohms or 1 ohm cause I have a monoblock. Do you guys think the 18 would be louder than my two 12 inch ma xe in their 4.5 cubic foot box at 32 hertz or should i not go with that eighteen unless I can get a better impedance.

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

1987 Chevy Cavalier Z24 2.8L V6 -- CB Radio with PA speaker

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

Coming soon: Bigger Highs Amp, Power inverter

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

Hey guys I really want to do a single 18 in my car but I want to do it in the trunk so I can only really fit one. I thought with the new MJ -18M there would be better/ lower impedances on the subs. It says on the site that it is a single 4 ohm voice coil and i don't know if that would be good enough for the amp I have I would like to run it atleast 2 ohms or 1 ohm cause I have a monoblock. Do you guys think the 18 would be louder than my two 12 inch ma xe in their 4.5 cubic foot box at 32 hertz or should i not go with that eighteen unless I can get a better impedance.

I have two of the older model MJ18's.

I bought them used locally for $120 for the pair.

Guy helped me build a box and I placed the box vertically behind the second seats.

They are S8 Coils so I have them wired to 4ohms to my amp.

Subs are seeing 300w each.

I am damn impressed by these subs.

Box is tuned to 33hz and it isn't afraid of going below 25hz.

And I'll add to that-with authority.

Have gains set to peak at 38 on Deck and -2 on Bass.

With the Deck on 13 and bass on -6(Rock Bottom.) I have a bouncing steering wheel.

If you can fit it with proper room it is well worth the money.

5 cubes after sub and port Displacement.

I will have some TL scores by next Sunday.

Cool bro is their anyone else that would like to chime in and tell me what they think or know. The only problem is it only comes in a single 4 ohm coil and I don't know if my amp will put out enough to push it a 4 I know it would at like 2 or 1 ohm but they don't make the subs like that unless I could speak with a mach 5 audio personel and see if they could make me one for extra in to a single 2 ohm or 1 ohm.

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

your amp [if its that power acoustik 2000d] is rated at 600 [maybe 500-550 actual] rms at 4 ohms. The Mj 18 is rated at 700 rms. I say it will push it very nicely

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

mids/highs-Insignia components

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

HU-Sony MEX-1HD (brings massive respect for sony)

fronts - Infinity Kappa perfect comps

rears- Infinity Kappa coax

mid/high amp - Autotek 5600

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN

your amp [if its that power acoustik 2000d] is rated at 600 [maybe 500-550 actual] rms at 4 ohms. The Mj 18 is rated at 700 rms. I say it will push it very nicely

Yeah I have the Power Acoustik OV1-2000d Monoblock 1 ohm stable amp. If I get one Mach Audio MJ-18M you think If I run it a 4 ohms it will get pushed nice. I want it to hit hard and low, harder than my two MA Audio 12's

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

Yeah I have the Power Acoustik OV1-2000d Monoblock 1 ohm stable amp. If I get one Mach Audio MJ-18M you think If I run it a 4 ohms it will get pushed nice. I want it to hit hard and low, harder than my two MA Audio 12's

It will, trust me.

I have never heard Bass, I Love You sound so good.

I said it would push it well. it doesn't matter how many watts you throw at it, if its not installed well, it may be worse than your 12's.

Are you gonna do sub up or back? port through rear deck? that sub with 300-400 watts CAN out perform your current setup, but it's all in the install

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

mids/highs-Insignia components

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

HU-Sony MEX-1HD (brings massive respect for sony)

fronts - Infinity Kappa perfect comps

rears- Infinity Kappa coax

mid/high amp - Autotek 5600

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN

I said it would push it well. it doesn't matter how many watts you throw at it, if its not installed well, it may be worse than your 12's.

Are you gonna do sub up or back? port through rear deck? that sub with 300-400 watts CAN out perform your current setup, but it's all in the install

Ill probably do sub up port back and see how it does and then if i Don't like it ill try it another way.

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

The MJ's love to get low. I have 4 of them in a wall and they get low and loud, and still sound good! :)

Ill just be running a single one in the trunk of my Cavi but I want it to be low like a mofo and loud also but sound good. You got any vids of yours?

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"