this thread hurt my brain.

RED TOPS -- not recommended for 'parking lot pimpin'. meaning, they need the alt and recharging/maintenance to stay alive.

YELLOW TOPS -- deep cycle, but don't expect a hell of a lot of full cycles.

BLUE TOPS -- exact same as yellow, but with 2 extra terminals for marine or w/e.

i've had diehards last longer than optimas. optimas typically will not last longer than any other leaky lead acid battery for a few reasons. it's said that optima's like 16v to fully charge. they are sealed. 16v + sealed = boil. you boil a sealed battery, kiss it goodbye. Even at 14v that thing is heating up. sealed/gel batteries dry up while charging just like a leaky lead acid battery...but you can't just add distilled water to it.

funk-o-meter.gifteamBNSpl.jpgfunk-o-meter.gif

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((in stereo)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

team audio thugz uuUhhHhhHhh. straight ghanxstuh since 2007.

RED TOPS -- not recommended for 'parking lot pimpin'. meaning, they need the alt and recharging/maintenance to stay alive.

BLUE TOPS -- exact same as yellow, but with 2 extra terminals for marine or w/e.

i've had diehards last longer than optimas. optimas typically will not last longer than any other leaky lead acid battery for a few reasons. it's said that optima's like 16v to fully charge. they are sealed. 16v + sealed = boil. you boil a sealed battery, kiss it goodbye. Even at 14v that thing is heating up. sealed/gel batteries dry up while charging just like a leaky lead acid battery...but you can't just add distilled water to it.

X2 they dont like a fast charge at all!!

well the point of this thread is to try prove which battery is better for deep cycling, red top or yellow top...im not saying that either battery will like being deep cycled repeatedly, but to say that a "regular ol' leaky battery will perform the same or better than an optima seems funny to me. but any way this is strictly for red tops and yellow tops... i have no doubt in my mind that there are better batteries than optima out there, but this thread is not the place for them...

bottom line: when it comes to deep cycling, would you use a red top or a yellow top :good:

well the point of this thread is to try prove which battery is better for deep cycling, red top or yellow top...im not saying that either battery will like being deep cycled repeatedly, but to say that a "regular ol' leaky battery will perform the same or better than an optima seems funny to me. but any way this is strictly for red tops and yellow tops... i have no doubt in my mind that there are better batteries than optima out there, but this thread is not the place for them...

bottom line: when it comes to deep cycling, would you use a red top or a yellow top :good:

i think you'll find the answer in my initial response. red tops /= deep cycle.

and ftr -- /= is does not equal.

ps -- ftr = for the record.

pps -- ps = post script.

ppps -- pps = post post script.

etc.

[red forman]dumbass[/red forman]

funk-o-meter.gifteamBNSpl.jpgfunk-o-meter.gif

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((in stereo)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

team audio thugz uuUhhHhhHhh. straight ghanxstuh since 2007.