Sonic Electronix

i just installed my new Fi Bl 12'' sub and have it hooked to a memphis class D 1100RMS amp. well i did the gain my ear until i could put a meter to it and once i got the meter to it i saw that it was putting out around 45v were it should be around 33.17 for 1000RMS at 1ohm....so i set the amp to 33.17v output and turned it up and it sounded like an 8'' sub.....no loud at all. bf it was shaking everything, flex out of the world.....im also running 12g wire to it, i know its to small and i got to get 10g but will this make that big of a diff...if i get 10g wire will it fix the prob of the sub not being so loud/??????/ thanks mike

2 AQ 10'' HDC3 copper subs

1 3500d AQ amp

146.3db on TL with stock electrical in single cab truck at 32hz

RESULT: 1st place at comp, 3rd overall out of 20 cars

What type of enclosure do you have it currently in and what are the specs? Tuning, size, etc?

~Matthew

1998 Toyota Camry XLE V6 3L

(1) ScyTek Astra 4000RS-2W-1 2-Way Remote Start Alarm

with Shock and Proximity

(1) 20% Tint All Around (Gately Audio)

(1) 250 Amperage HO Alternator

(1) Big 3 Done In 1/0

(2) Kinetik HC2400 Power Cell

(1) Alpine IVA-D106 Receiver

(1) Peripheral Video Bypass Device

(4) Alpine SPS-17C2 Speakers

(1) Alpine KCE-422i iPod Control Interface

(4) Sheets Dynamat Extreme; for speakers

(1) 10 Square Feet Hushmat (Trunk & Rear Deck)

(4) DC Audio Level 4 15" D2 Subwoofer w/ Level 5 Coils

(1) Wall Built By David, Tuned to 32 Hz

(1) Rockford Fosgate T40001bd Amplifier

(1) Stinger 1/0 Wiring (2 runs of + 2 runs of -)

(1) Stinger Volt Meter

What type of enclosure do you have it currently in and what are the specs? Tuning, size, etc?

it is in a 2.5cu ft box at 32hz ported...

1 3500d AQ amp

Hmmm what kind of car? or truck? just trying to get all the variables. ...

~Matthew

1998 Toyota Camry XLE V6 3L

(1) ScyTek Astra 4000RS-2W-1 2-Way Remote Start Alarm

with Shock and Proximity

(1) 20% Tint All Around (Gately Audio)

(1) 250 Amperage HO Alternator

(1) Big 3 Done In 1/0

(2) Kinetik HC2400 Power Cell

(1) Alpine IVA-D106 Receiver

(1) Peripheral Video Bypass Device

(4) Alpine SPS-17C2 Speakers

(1) Alpine KCE-422i iPod Control Interface

(4) Sheets Dynamat Extreme; for speakers

(1) 10 Square Feet Hushmat (Trunk & Rear Deck)

(4) DC Audio Level 4 15" D2 Subwoofer w/ Level 5 Coils

(1) Wall Built By David, Tuned to 32 Hz

(1) Rockford Fosgate T40001bd Amplifier

(1) Stinger 1/0 Wiring (2 runs of + 2 runs of -)

(1) Stinger Volt Meter

i just installed my new Fi Bl 12'' sub and have it hooked to a memphis class D 1100RMS amp. well i did the gain my ear until i could put a meter to it and once i got the meter to it i saw that it was putting out around 45v were it should be around 33.17 for 1000RMS at 1ohm....so i set the amp to 33.17v output and turned it up and it sounded like an 8'' sub.....no loud at all. bf it was shaking everything, flex out of the world.....im also running 12g wire to it, i know its to small and i got to get 10g but will this make that big of a diff...if i get 10g wire will it fix the prob of the sub not being so loud/??????/ thanks mike

Turn The gains back.

If you start to smell it put gains down a click or two.

Turn The gains back.

If you start to smell it put gains down a click or two.

its a gmc sierra truck single cab 1999.....yeah the amp and sub seemed to do fine and ive even had it full out for a whole song and no burning or smelling at all

1 3500d AQ amp

You are too use a test tone while setting the gain of an amp. They say to use a 50 or 60 hz test tone.

Most amps are also rated whatever they are like lest say 1000 watts rms at a certain tone. Most the time its a higher number, higher then most people use in a daily enviorment. Same as when you see people bench amps, and they pull off these crazy high wattages, they always seem to be benched at a high freq.

Try redoing the gain with a digital multimeter and a lower freq test tone. If your box is tuned for 35 hz, try a tone around 35 hz and see if it sounds louder.

Ive asked many times about them gain calculaters weather they are to be rms or peak wattages, because I tried using them to set my big amps and it just didnt sound like the 3000rms it claimed to be set at on music, but when you played the tone you tuned your amp with it was loud.

So just figure out your box tunning, and redo gain settings with the tone your box is tuned at.

Edited by audiofanaticz

You are too use a test tone while setting the gain of an amp. They say to use a 50 or 60 hz test tone.

Most amps are also rated whatever they are like lest say 1000 watts rms at a certain tone. Most the time its a higher number, higher then most people use in a daily enviorment. Same as when you see people bench amps, and they pull off these crazy high wattages, they always seem to be benched at a high freq.

Try redoing the gain with a digital multimeter and a lower freq test tone. If your box is tuned for 35 hz, try a tone around 35 hz and see if it sounds louder.

Ive asked many times about them gain calculaters weather they are to be rms or peak wattages, because I tried using them to set my big amps and it just didnt sound like the 3000rms it claimed to be set at on music, but when you played the tone you tuned your amp with it was loud.

So just figure out your box tunning, and redo gain settings with the tone your box is tuned at.

well when i do that it is not as loud...but i did do a 60hz test tone and it sounded alot better..still not as loud as bf but getting closer....seems that the higher the hz the more i move the gain on the amp to get it to read the 33.17 v output

1 3500d AQ amp

FIBTL, I've tried the gain setting with the AC voltmeter deal. It doesn't hit as hard. What I did was turn it up just a little bit past where the AC voltage should be and it slams something wicked.

Also big up to Semmes. I used to recruit out of Mary G Montgomery. Originally from Mobile.

Member since 25 Jun 2006

2011 Yukon DenaliCustomLightz 4300K HID RetrofitEsky TailsEsky Third BrakeEsky 22sEsky Appliques