the everchanging avalon build, part 4?

well thats all for tonight

soberbills, theyre pretty damn good, low lows, like 15-25 hz kinda roll off, but theyre damn punchy and get loud, loud enough that my rear view is beyond vibrating, to the point of just wiggling down till it faces the floor, sunroof pops out, etc all on like 1000 watts from the shit battery in there. they still sound good enough for normal music though.

and connorsdad, thanks for the support, its got a ways to go though

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

looks like a very promising start bro

~Matthew

1998 Toyota Camry XLE V6 3L

(1) ScyTek Astra 4000RS-2W-1 2-Way Remote Start Alarm

with Shock and Proximity

(1) 20% Tint All Around (Gately Audio)

(1) 250 Amperage HO Alternator

(1) Big 3 Done In 1/0

(2) Kinetik HC2400 Power Cell

(1) Alpine IVA-D106 Receiver

(1) Peripheral Video Bypass Device

(4) Alpine SPS-17C2 Speakers

(1) Alpine KCE-422i iPod Control Interface

(4) Sheets Dynamat Extreme; for speakers

(1) 10 Square Feet Hushmat (Trunk & Rear Deck)

(4) DC Audio Level 4 15" D2 Subwoofer w/ Level 5 Coils

(1) Wall Built By David, Tuned to 32 Hz

(1) Rockford Fosgate T40001bd Amplifier

(1) Stinger 1/0 Wiring (2 runs of + 2 runs of -)

(1) Stinger Volt Meter

• 5 weeks later...

well, the trusty old laptop wasnt so trusty, and took a major dump on me and just got back from the repair place tonight, so heres the update

everything is finished and tuned, the jbl sounds pretty good, strong midbass, strong tweeters, good overall sound but nothing extroardinary unfortunately, still enough to impress most people. It may be really good but i may be getting jaded with all the car shows ive been working this summer, seeing all of that nuts stuff kinda makes mine look not so good. but anyway... heres some pics.

Posted Image

inbetween drying times for resin, bondo, primer, flectone, etc, i had enough time to rewire my car fully, mount amps, batteries, and cut a big ass hole in my back deck that i stuffed with the 8" port off of a kicker cvr box a customer broke and stillwater told us to field destroy.

Posted Image

front pods

Posted Image

rears

Posted Image

fitting snug with the doors closed

Posted Image

same deal up front

i must say, i didnt realize how much went into this until it was done and my dad and I added it all up

i basically bought a new deh=p600ub, a kinetic hc 1400r and hc600, hella power line, 2 gto 1004 amps, one gto14001 amp, 2 sets of components, 1 set of coax, an assload of supplies, like 150 feet of speaker line, fuses, terminals, alternator, etc....i ended up sinking about a grand more than expected when it was all said and done, but im happy with it. And before anyone asks, yes, the rear pods get in the way for passengers, but im not the passenger so i dont care. the fronts arent in the way in the slightest, my car is a good foot wider than most, and even with my leg straight out on the little rest next to the brake, my leg doesnt touch the speaker

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

im digging the subs, they're coming across as "jack of all trades, master of none" types though. They hit hard, but nothing special, and they sound good, but nothing amazing. In all honesty theyre probably my favorite sub- 200 dollar sub so far, after trying rockford, kicker, boston, infinity, and all the off brands my buddies throw into their cars. The main problem is theres no prefab boxes for them, jbl popped out the pb1220 preloaded box, but its relatively unimpressive, large, expensive, and only holds one 12

Team DC

• 1 month later...

As an update, these subs are still going hard after a year of seeing nearly double rms, sometimes for 6-8 hours at a time.

The deck was switched out for the newer 600ub pioneer

I blew half the tweeters out in the first few days thanks to girls who like to see how high the volume goes (pioneer decks self distort around 54, so I tuned max output at 54, so of course they turn it to 61 and see what happens)

Something has to be done in the trunk, I found out my school has an ill workshop, so if anyone wants to leave a sketch of 2-3 subs and 3-4 amps, feel free to leave a comment

Team DC

jus see your build from your sig, looks pretty good sir :)

i personally would have faced the front speakers up towords the roof a bit instead of em being like that. mine in my car are facing like yours but i would have thort them facing up you would hear it better and it would be louder?

jus what i think looks sick anyway man, good job

*Alpine Typr-R 12"

*JBL GTO 1200.1 Sub Amp

*Alpine PDX-4.100

*Rockford Fosgate Power 6.5's

*Rockford Fosgate Fanatics 6.5's Both in front doors

*0/1 Guage wiring from front Junction Boxes to 120AH Battery In Boot (battery removed because too small for alternator)

*140 Amp HO Alternator

*Alpine Head Unit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------x------------------------------------------------------------------------------

that was kinda the plan, but I didnt realize how much my door sloped in, when theyre off the door they're like 15 degrees angled up. I'd take a picture of how i fit in there if I wasnt so lazy, but the back one just rubs the seat if i move it forward, and the front one kinda just touches my shin when I'm driving. If I re-did it, probably just do both of them flat against the door, just for aestetics and room when my shorter friends drive me home.

as far as sound, its loud enough, 6 woofers, 6 1in tweeters, 4 4in super tweeters and 1200 rms through them all, its near painful, and then the bass hits=)

must say though, the woofers lost alot of the mid-range boom now that theyre broken in, they still have strong mids, just quite a bit smoother now

Team DC

Im going to try and stick a btl18 in there sometime soon, question is configuration.

sub and port back?

sub back port through deck?

port through deck, sub forward through armrest hole sealed from rear?

sub and port forward, blowthrough (mad custom work, non-fold down seats)

Team DC

Archived