Second Skin Audio

New Btl Box

just wondering how is the port depth 29 while the whole box is only 22 depth

goes in 15.5" then turns 90 degrees and 4.5" more to equal a total port length thru the middle of the port of 29"

rhino liner doenst necessarily make it stronger.... it seals and adds mass which raises the woods resonant frequency....

a couple 1"+ hardwood dowels will do the trick

just like in the pic but add one vertically right next the the one going horizontal

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

YA SOMEONE ELSE TOLD ME THAT I NEEDED TO PUT ANOTHER ONE VERTICALLY RIGHT NEXT TO THAT ONE. I ALSO WANTED TO ASK ABOUT HOW YOU WOULD DOUBEL THE WOOD SHOULD I MAKE THE FIRST LAYER OF THE BOX THAN PUT ON THE OTHER SHEET OF MDF OR SHOULD I FIRST DOUBLE EACH OF THE WOOD PIECES FIRST THAN PUT THE DOUBLE SHEETS TOGETHER. I WAS LOOKING AT THE SKETCH ( WHICH IS VERY HELP FUL) AND NOTICED THAT THE SUB IS NOT CENTERED COULD I MOVE THE SUB OVER SO ITS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BOX AND IF SO WHERE WOULD I PUT THAT ROD FOR THE BRACING

Edited by javy101

use an even amount of glue spread everywhere and clamp or put a bunch of weight on it and just use the doubled piece when contructing it instead of contructing it and adding another on the outside

the sub should use the air most effeciently in the position in the sketch but you can move it if you want... no that big of a deal... plus its stronger near a corner so that helps

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

I move it the side so it uses the air better, plus it makes it so the dowel rod bracing are in the middle of the biggest sheets which is also the weakest

What if i put the sub in the other corner as far away from the port as i can there it is near a corner. would the sub use the air good here