The amp you are using for your Mids and Highs is similiar to mine.

Can those 6.5" Kickers handle the wattage?

Would you repurchase them or would you get something better?

I had some 6.5"s that didnt last 20 seconds with 12g speaker but they worked good with the original 18g wire they came with.

I dont think speaker wire size has anything to do with it....i could be wrong

BTW Nice ass taco, I need to fix mine back up

1997 4 Runner

Alpine CDA-9886

4 Fi Audio X Series 12's

1 Crunch GP3000D Pro

DC Power Inc. Alternator(Kickin out 15+ volts!)

footer-fade.gif

I had some 6.5"s that didnt last 20 seconds when I upgraded with 12g speaker but they worked good with the original 18g wire they came with.

So im looking for some to replace the blown ones I have

Thats a really iffy question.

Technically yea, it could.

I guess it would come down to the amp, and what it does for rms power, and the rms power of the speakers you used.

the 18 gauge speaker wire is a lot smaller then 12 gauge wire, the smaller wire may increase the speakers impedance. So instead of your amp seeing a 4 ohm load the thinner wire may raise enough that the amp is seeing a 5 or 6 ohm load, resulting in the amp putting out less power.

Where as the thicker/bigger 12 gauge wire would have less resistance so the amp will see 4 ohms and put rated power to the speaker, which may result in your amp putting out more wattage then the speakers rated rms/peak.

Another little foot note too, a longer wire will have more resistance then a shorter wire, so a 15 foot 18 gauge wire will have lots more resistance and raise your final ohm load at the amp more then a 2 foot 18 gague wire. Always try to keep your speaker wires short as possible, but even in length.

In higher wattage sub installs it plays a big difference, in using 12 or 14 gauge vs a 8 gauge speaker wire

nice lookin yota. i like the downfire in that truck the whole setup looks clean

98 Jeep Wrangler

33x13.50 super swamper LTB's

Memphis M3 15"

Memphis MCD1000

Optima yellowtop D34/78

Bass Race 129.9

(LBZ Duramax in the future)

• 1 month later...

preciate it guys, ima take some new pics of the battery in front, i "prittyed" it up alot under there n did some small mods, and take a couple more vids also

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

• 3 weeks later...

update on how it looks,

here is how under the hook looks now

Posted Image

ground upgrade underhood, stock wire was 10guage and i couldn't have that

Posted Image

my new xover locations left side and right

Posted Image

Posted Image

pic of midbass boss amp

Posted Image

12'' led flex strips under each side of dash

Posted Image

left and right hid maxcarR ballasts

Posted Image

Posted Image

right and left hid 8000k warming up (day light pic)

Posted Image

Posted Image

both fully warmed up 8000k hids ftmfw!! and these are lowbeams tho :)

Posted Image

i'll post vids here ina sec when they get done loading

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

heres some vids, this is just mids n highs playin

im playin some country to give an idea of what the sq is like, not to bad i dnt think clint black - momma befor she was momma i think

Posted Image

Posted Image

some more vids when they get done loading

this is of same song but with subs playin and mids n highs reset, i just set em a diff way so when i turn the subs off while im with the gf the bass dont hurt the baby, and no i dont turn it up that loud when shes in there with me

Posted Image

swish house late night tip screwed and chopped, sounds alot better in person and my cam dont pick up flex worth a shit, steering whell moves n doors to pritty good on the low notes

Posted Image

trae - in the hood screwed (slowed down) ft young joc, i didn't rly kno how to make vids just yet but im tryin my best n i unno what songs to play, i got a shit ton of songs that jam tho, i'll prolly make some more later

Posted Image

no input anyone? is it good? does it need more? oh those vids was with truck off lol

lmao, my geo has a shittyer setup and is gettin more feedback than my good system, ah well, ima do the full big three on my truck prolly thursday so i can try out my new torch, i got the 0guage ground good but i unno what to do about the pos to alt? how would i hook that up my terminals only have 1 1/0, 1 4g and 2 8g, all but one of the 8awg is used i think and the same on the neg?, would i run my pos to a dist block and then split one 0guage from terminal to alt, and one to rear battery? and the same on neg? just split it into 2 cables? 0guage in 2 0guage out? somethin like this

Posted Image

something like that?

Archived