Second Skin Audio

So What's The Difference In The Solo Xs?

Posted this on caraudio too

while i am on here, decided to ask and see if anyone knew what was different from the old solo x to the new one? I know they have different softparts now but how about the motor/basket BAMs? I had asked someone on here prior to posting and they thought they were the same, but maybe someone can tell me really if anything is different.

yay.

They did the redisgn on the cone because it was breaking too easy in extreme apps.(if I'm not mistaken)

You should beable to use the old basket with the new soft parts with no problem.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

? what i'm asking is if the motor and basket are any different mechanically .. are they better? the same? what? you know?, I know the cones are ( that's what I was saying in my post ) lol.

kranny.. look it up on the webs bro. the motor/basket look the same to me, so.. that's why i thought to ask.

Polecat has taken a break for awhile.

You will need to Email Kicker tech to know for sure.

I am pretty sure the specs for the magnet and basket are the same as the original.

The new cone is more expensive becuase of it being upgraded.

Stronger materials cost more money.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Polecat has taken a break for awhile.

You will need to Email Kicker tech to know for sure.

I am pretty sure the specs for the magnet and basket are the same as the original.

The new cone is more expensive becuase of it being upgraded.

Stronger materials cost more money.

yea, i just had seen some places wanting 300+ more dollars on a new model when you could get an old one and cone for less you know? lol

Looks like I may just try and get the 12s i was planning on now and putting in new cones.

Archived