Second Skin Audio

Ford Ranger System

I got a 1996 Ford Ranger Ext Cab I want to do something loud but for mostly sound quality but then beat the block down, I want to do like 2 or 3 L7's and stay all kicker. What should I do I want it to take up the whole ext cab part I don't care about there. Anyone got any pics?

Edited by mtcolerick

I got a 1996 Ford Ranger Ext Cab I want to do something loud but for mostly sound quality but then beat the block down, I want to do like 2 or 3 L7's and stay all kicker. What should I do I want it to take up the whole ext cab part I don't care about there. Anyone got any pics?

2 l7s on a kicker 2500.1

You think that would be loud and what components would you use and double din

I did a build for my buddies ranger ext. cab. Chevyboy posted a link to my thread. If you can get the power to them I would say a pair of 12's willl be pretty damn loud. my buddy is running a pair of FI Q 12's and a crunch GP3000D and his shit slams like crazy. Something along those lines is all you really need. as far as a double din unit, he is running a pioneer AVH-P4000DVD (500@ best buy) the only down side is it doesn't have dedicated sub output's so you only have front and rear, but that really isn't much of a problem, being that the truck is so small you shouldn't need a fade anyways. he is also running db drive platinum series components whenever he gets his door panels done.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

I did a build for my buddies ranger ext. cab. Chevyboy posted a link to my thread. If you can get the power to them I would say a pair of 12's willl be pretty damn loud. my buddy is running a pair of FI Q 12's and a crunch GP3000D and his shit slams like crazy. Something along those lines is all you really need. as far as a double din unit, he is running a pioneer AVH-P4000DVD (500@ best buy) the only down side is it doesn't have dedicated sub output's so you only have front and rear, but that really isn't much of a problem, being that the truck is so small you shouldn't need a fade anyways. he is also running db drive platinum series components whenever he gets his door panels done.

Do like 3 12" L7's ported ofcoarse.

you want a kicker amp too? may be cheaper and more power to go with a different option.

Untitled-2.jpg

My Videos

AQ + AA/Fi FTMFW!!!!!

like what amp setup would you go for highs mids and subs

Depending on what all you want to run for mids and highs, I wouldn't suggest anything bigger than a 450.4, maybe...maybe a 650.4. Remember in rangers there is really only room for 5x7's up front, and I believe 4x6 out back, so they aren't speakers that handle tons of wattage. You can alwyas find way to add mroe speakers then you could looking into the 650.4 maybe even an 850.4...this is all working on you wanting to stay kicker. for the money you can get a better brand, but there is nothing wrong with kicker.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...