Sonic Electronix

Im new here and i really dont know a whole lot about car audio but i like loud cars. I did my own install on my 2000 toyota celica from begining to end but i dont think im getting the full benefit out of my system. I know im working with some old equipment but im trying to get the best out of it with out burning it. Ok here is the list:

Headunit: Alpine CDA-9857

Front Speaker: Infinity Kappa 6 1/2 Two way component System

Back Speakers: Infinity Reference 6 1/2 two way speakers

Subs: (2) 12" cerwin vegas vmx12dvc in a pre-made box

The two subs are powered by an audiobahn A1801T (i know you can laugh now) and the mids and highs are on a Jensen lxa600. It seems like my subs are not loud enough and i get alot of distortion from my front speakers when i turn it up loud. I would really Appreciate the help if yall could. Im open for any solutions that are resonable

Get rid of the pre-fab box

very much agreed!! Prefab no bueno. Find out the specs for the sub and requirements in airspace then build to spec or have someone here design one, then just build. Do it right though. If you don't thats just more money to fix it later.

Loud as f*ck, and sounds good doing it.

Team built from here on out!!!!

BIG things to come.........

Missing link is the shite!!!

SMDMafiaEagleScorpio1.jpg

bannerfans_8aed9634.png

very much agreed!! Prefab no bueno. Find out the specs for the sub and requirements in airspace then build to spec or have someone here design one, then just build. Do it right though. If you don't thats just more money to fix it later.

Thanks man. How can I found out the specs on my speakers. Should i also get a better amp our wire the subs different. I also have cap running to both of my amps is that bad.

Thanks man. How can I found out the specs on my speakers. Should i also get a better amp our wire the subs different. I also have cap running to both of my amps is that bad.

here read this, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...st&p=222761

read it and make up your own mind, before listening to someone who qoutes what others say because he doesnt know anything.

here read this, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...st&p=222761

read it and make up your own mind, before listening to someone who qoutes what others say because he doesnt know anything.

Hey david thanks man that really good info i think im liking the idea of keeping my capacitor on. You think i Should also get a yallow top?