Sonic Electronix

Eh... yeah, 4 ohms does put out 900 watts. Which puts him within 100 watts of the RMS of all 4- only 25 watts off per sub.

I was thinking of if I were doing it... with impedance rise, PA being a bit happy with their power ratings sometimes, and afew other things.... I would overpower them a bit so he would always have that "headroom" in the amp. Help the music be a bit more dynamic and to keep it from underrunning the subs.

Either way- I would try the 4ohms at first. You never know, it might blow your head off and be all you want! If it is garbage, he could try it at 1ohm.

X2 jus be easy wit the gain

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

yea, the DMM is veeeerrryyy important to help NOT blow your subs.

remember to keep the bassboost off on the amp and keep the Bass on 0 on the headunit.

if the headunit has a 0 to 15 Subwoofer Level feature, put it all the way up, as that will give the full voltage from the headunit to the amp. Thus more power being outputted.

Well one more question, do you think this setup would hit pretty hard? cause if i get this same setup im gonna run 2 seperate ported boxes, just because i dont wanna build a custom box right yet, would this be okay?

1997 4 Runner

Alpine CDA-9886

4 Fi Audio X Series 12's

1 Crunch GP3000D Pro

DC Power Inc. Alternator(Kickin out 15+ volts!)

footer-fade.gif

dont be a chicken , put the 4 in a ported box, wire it up to 1ohm and set the gain rite and have fun... its not like he bought them online, if they go up in smoke take them back and get new ones and then run the new ones at 4 ohm lol...

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets