Second Skin Audio

Mixing Subs

I have been researching on mixing subs and everyones always talking about how its not really good to mix different size subs because the sound waves interfere and the subs will try to do each others jobs. I was wondering if i could add two alpine type X 12" 4 ohm with a my current 12" 4 ohm type R's they will be running on different amps and will be in different enclosures. Also what do you think would give me the best sound quality a ported or sealed box. Currently i have a ported box and my type R's dont seem like there hitting every note right they sound like its meshing the notes together. Would a sealed box help this?

My opinion would be to not mix subs, I had 2 Pionner 12's and 2 Hart 12's and it sounded okay but yeah not great, now I have 4 MTX Jackhammer 12's and it sounds damn good. So IMO I wouldnt go with 2 diff, types of subs, and for the ported vs sealed, most speakers have manufacturers specs that tell whether they recomend sealed or ported, just check out the alpine site and see if it gives any info, hope I could be of some help.

1997 4 Runner

Alpine CDA-9886

4 Fi Audio X Series 12's

1 Crunch GP3000D Pro

DC Power Inc. Alternator(Kickin out 15+ volts!)

footer-fade.gif

Archived