so in other words, its really not worth it... its cool because the viper alarm 5002 isnt remote start adn tis got great features

Baylor University

Accounting

i think my alarm is a little...crappy... after i have looked further into alarms and stuff, the alarm i got was basic and really not to special. i spent almost like 300 on it.

This week, maybe even tommorow, im going to take my car in and add another "pin" (thats what the guy said) to my trunk and hood.

Back up siren and battery, window breaking sensors, remote start. I am also going to buy another LCD screen cuz mine is cracked and another remote (not lcd though)

My friend has viper and he can control his sensitivity "level" by pressing a button which is extremely cool. I only have two options. (for now until i find out where my shock sensor is) I can have my alarm on and the shock sensors on and everything. Or i can have it to where the shock sensor is completly off and the only way my car alarm goes off is if someone opens my door.

If i would have known this i wouldnt have gotten this kind, but i payed 300 for it so i dont want to take it out and pay another 300 for a viper brand then pay an extra 200 for addictional features. where as i can just pay the 200 for the additional features on this alarm.

Hey Texas Tech,

Just a little advice, be careful with getting a pinswitch installed. most of the time people put them on trunks and hoods they wind up putting them in a low spot or some sort of channel to fit them, a lot of the times water will get to them, and they will rot out, causing them to fail, or make your alarm trip. If they have them, ask your installer about a mercury tilt switch, I haave foud them to work a lot better, and they rarely go bad, or cause your alarm to trigger.

Good luck with the alarm.

so ask the guy if they have mercury tilt switch (its not the same thing as a tilt sensor) instead of an extra pin.

The guy also told me that it is illegal to get a remote start for Manual cars...sucks

Baylor University

Accounting

so ask the guy if they have mercury tilt switch (its not the same thing as a tilt sensor) instead of an extra pin.

The guy also told me that it is illegal to get a remote start for Manual cars...sucks

it's pretty much the same thing as a tilt sensor yes, just a different name.

I know that sucks, Thank god my Paseo has a nuetral safety switch I could wire to, my car wont start in gear.

oh , i am going to get a tilt sensor as well as a lot of other accessories. I thought tilt sensors and and extra pins were different?

I will talk to them and ask them about the pin and see waht he says

Baylor University

Accounting

what do you mean a mercury tilt sensor will only trigger when the mercury is in the right spot, it has to be placed somewhere specifically otehrwise it wont sensor anything/trigger ? Where is the right spot?

Baylor University

Accounting

mercury is a liquid metal. it has to make a "connection" to send a singal/power through it. a mercury sensor it about half filled with mercury. the mercury moves back and forth. when its in a certain spot, itll trigger what you want it to. when you open the hood, that "connection" will be lost, thus triggering your alarm. if you dont understand that, then idk really how to explain it.

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

Archived