does anyone own this brand of alarm. If so, what do you tihnk about it. Mine is sensitive as hellllll. And i hate it most of the time.

I am going to see what i can do about it

Baylor University

Accounting

my friend told me that, he has viper though and he said it was under the dash but i duno where exactly. When i go to the place and add on a ton of crap to it i will ask him where it is.

You would like yours to be a little more sensitive?

Baylor University

Accounting

i think my alarm is a little...crappy... after i have looked further into alarms and stuff, the alarm i got was basic and really not to special. i spent almost like 300 on it.

This week, maybe even tommorow, im going to take my car in and add another "pin" (thats what the guy said) to my trunk and hood.

Back up siren and battery, window breaking sensors, remote start. I am also going to buy another LCD screen cuz mine is cracked and another remote (not lcd though)

My friend has viper and he can control his sensitivity "level" by pressing a button which is extremely cool. I only have two options. (for now until i find out where my shock sensor is) I can have my alarm on and the shock sensors on and everything. Or i can have it to where the shock sensor is completly off and the only way my car alarm goes off is if someone opens my door.

If i would have known this i wouldnt have gotten this kind, but i payed 300 for it so i dont want to take it out and pay another 300 for a viper brand then pay an extra 200 for addictional features. where as i can just pay the 200 for the additional features on this alarm.

Baylor University

Accounting

which do you have... the skytek or the astrostart one.  the astro can be turned down easily with a simple dial on the shock sensor.  there are two control knobs on it, so you have to adjust both to turn it down.  the skytek i install need to be reprogrammed by hitting the car/truck as hard as you want it to be set off at.  kinda a shitty way to adjust shock sensor.

my bad, it is the astro alarm 777. the only thing i have from skytec is the lcd screen or whatever. But yea astro.

My friend has a viper one and i will compare it to the signal you get on your cell phone.

So he can press some button (i duno which button i never really looked at what button he was pressing) but he pressed a button and, like the bars you have on the signal you get for your cell phone coverage, they would fluctuate showing you the sensitivity.

Really cool, it said it cost him 500 dollars. But then again, his mom just took his truck to some place and they gave her a price so....

Baylor University

Accounting

• 5 weeks later...

clifford's responder alarms without remote start will show you the adjusted sensitivity on your LCD 2 way screen and you can adjust on there too.

also the Viper 5002 has the feature where you can adjust the sensitivity. If you look at the responder LCD screen at the bottom, that is what shows the sensitivity (the bars). By pressing a button you increase your sensitivity or decrease it and it shows on your LCD screen.

can you get remote start on your stick shift, not automatic car. Clifford says theirs are for automatic only.

Baylor University

Accounting

Archived