Second Skin Audio

Need Help With Box Design For 4 12's.

Looking for best box to put 4 12's in with about 3200 watts. Looking for it to BANG! My 2 12's are SUPER loud, and I am going to be upgrading to 4 12's in a few days. Can someone help me with this, I don't know how to calculate ports and thats what I really need help with. I can build boxes and all that but the techical side i am a nooblet with. :( Help will make me very happy. I would like to have this done by my birthday (aug 14) as which i will be 21..WOOHOOO!!

cant help without out knowing the type of subs, max size of the enclosure, and what your goal is...i.e. really loud, super low...that kind of stuff.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

cant help without out knowing the type of subs, max size of the enclosure, and what your goal is...i.e. really loud, super low...that kind of stuff.

Low and loud, can do about 12 cubes ported. six alpine type r's about 800 rms each.

Edited by 2001JeepGrandCherokee

I say if you have the room go ported, subs up- port back. I used to have 4 12"s sealed in my PT (2 up and 2 back) and it got loud all right, (had nice cabin gain) - but not really low. There is cabin gain to be had in a box kinda like Steves, if ported is what you are after and you are not interested in a wall.

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

I say if you have the room go ported, subs up- port back. I used to have 4 12"s sealed in my PT (2 up and 2 back) and it got loud all right, (had nice cabin gain) - but not really low. There is cabin gain to be had in a box kinda like Steves, if ported is what you are after and you are not interested in a wall.

Thats how I have my two subs right now, subs up port back with about 4 cubes. It hits hard, harder then most cars around my area. Just want to step it up a notch without having to buy a new setup entirely.

I would also say subs up port back, that is what seems to do best in SUV's. Stick to a tuning around 32-35.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

i just got done designing a wall for my acura its 12.14 after displacement i could easily adjust it to your specs or could make it totally different you havent provided me or anyone of that matter with much information. i need max depth height lenght ect. i would suggest keeping to about 32-34hz range with those subs if you want to pound lows cuz think 31hz may limit your abilities.

Edited by Krice420

2 18'' fi btls fully loaded

2 sundown saz 3000d

1 iraggi 200 amp alt

3 powermaster 3100d series batts

11.75 cuft wall after displacement tuned to 31.08 hz

i just got done designing a wall for my acura its 12.14 after displacement i could easily adjust it to your specs or could make it totally different you havent provided me or anyone of that matter with much information. i need max depth height lenght ect. i would suggest keeping to about 32-34hz range with those subs if you want to pound lows cuz think 31hz may limit your abilities.

Max box dimensions are, 41 wide, 24 tall, 32 deep and in dont know how to tune the ports, maybe someone could help me with that?