Removed Rear Deck Speakers... W00t!

So i got ambitious yesterday and started on rearranging things. removed rear $40 pioneer 6.5s and stock 6x9 speaker mounts to see if the added airspace intereacting with the trunk makes a difference... well i noticed one 6.5 didnt sound right, midbass was terrible, worse than usual which is what sparked the rearranging

3051.jpg

nice dent in the surround from the rear deck bouncing up and down

3053.jpg

i forgot i had problems with these coming loose so i had to use lock nuts

3054.jpg

a very pleasant noticable change;

from 80-60hz (sub crossover at 80@-12db) it sounds much more "there" and not in my trunk as much, drums sound more like they should, and the blend from subbass to midbass is way smoother... i guess the notes needed some breathing room

from 60-45hz i was surprised to find it still improved... songs that before sounded good now sound great, much more authority and obviously more air is being moved

from 45-30hz (sub crossover at ~25@-12db)... wow. seriously i didnt realize i was choking the q in that trunk. the way it sits in the trunk it rests on the lip of the opening to the cabin so theres actually only ~90 sqin of airspace the connects the trunk to cabin on the left and ride side of the box... now theres more like ~130sqin of airspace and my windshield wippers were dancing more than i think ive ever seen... ill post new vids here

from 30-25hz i am very aware of what i play and what notes are involved so i never play tones or high peaks below 31hz (tune freq.) like louie bag by blood raw.... but it sure does keep up until ~28hz so long as im not sending it uber power.... a very nice ending to a now, more tonally balanced setup (i.m.o.)

i also noticed that since the rear deck was moving so much i think i thought notes sounded different becuase i was hearing the rear deck vibrate at those notes... now it sounds like nothing is holding a single note back... very happy

i will soon be replacing infinity 4x6 with 6.5s... heres how

3050.jpg

3049.jpg

Edited by decafcappucino

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Nice 4x6 to 6.5 templates. Giving me ideas.

Passport Build Here

Alarm: Prestige APS997A 2-Way/Remote Start

HeadUnit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Front Battery: Yellowtop Optima D34/78

Back Battery: 2x C&D Technologies High Rate Series UPS12-475FR 134AH

Subs: 2x DC Lv4XL 18's

Amps: 2x Sundown Saz1500's Strapped

Box: 12Cubes 33hz 185sqin Port(15.4sqin per cube)

Pillars: AudioBahn AS31Q

Front Doors: Clif Designs TX40.5

Back Doors: Clif Designs CD50.4C

Rear Speakers: Clif Designs TX46.5

Front/Rear Amp: Kicker ZX350.4

Back/Pillars Amp: Kicker ZX200.2(Looking for another zx350.4)

Electrical: 1/0 Scorpion Wire 2 Runs Pos and 2Runs Ground, Knu 1/0 Flex Running to Amps ect, Big 3, JL 8Ga For Speaker Wire, Knu Karma RCA's, Scorpion Volt Meter

Deadener: 100 sqft Sound Destroyer Mat And SECOND SKIN Damplifier Pro Door Pack

try cuttin out your entire rear deck and see how that sounds :D

cant, reselling it otherwise thats the obvious choice i would have made a long time ago

but it has made a drastic difference in loss of vibrations and gain in 40+hz range

im kinda thinking about doubling my power in the grand am to 3000w and go back to two 12's instead of the 1 15.... i know im at or near 145 which was my single 15 goal on my little re 12.1... i think im going to set my goal a bit higher :ph34r: :hairtrick:

TeamSundown-sig.jpg