I Need Help On My Sub Amp..it Just Stop Working Plus It Smelled Like Fire Or Burned.

its a house amp..and i mean a couple of days ago it stoped working...i had it for 2 years now...before i had it hooked up to 2"12's" sony but since i removed the sony's and hooked it up to 2 "12's" mtx's 4500 it just stop working...no sound comes out of it..i checked the RCA's,fuse and everything and it stills dont work...plus when i plug it in to a house plug it smells like burned...you know what i mean?

you mightve hooked up the mtx's to too low of an ohm load for that amp. idk much about home amps, but thats what im thinking. is there anyway you can hook the sonys back up? did you have any power surges or anything around the time it quit working or anything?

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

were the mtx's dual 4ohm cause my house amp/home sub is a klh and i can only run it at 4ohm, if i go below 4 or so it starts clipping, it might be old and its its time to go i guess, if anything else go here http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage.cfm?we...ectGroup_ID=756 and get a good selection of house amps that should be fine to replace that one u had, i would just throw that one away if its that bad and get a new one like a dayton and not halfto worry about it anymore, hope this helps

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

• 3 months later...
were the mtx's dual 4ohm cause my house amp/home sub is a klh and i can only run it at 4ohm, if i go below 4 or so it starts clipping, it might be old and its its time to go i guess, if anything else go here http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage.cfm?we...ectGroup_ID=756 and get a good selection of house amps that should be fine to replace that one u had, i would just throw that one away if its that bad and get a new one like a dayton and not halfto worry about it anymore, hope this helps

partsexpress rocks thats where i would have said to go. i'm using 2 of their dayton 270's good prices too

Archived