Ernesto Posted August 10, 2006 Report Posted August 10, 2006 I was wondering how many people actually use these...Been looking at them for a while and was wondering if they're actually a good way to ground your wires?
AP Zoutes Posted August 10, 2006 Report Posted August 10, 2006 ME ME ME!!!. Work great. I use the pro ones which are gold. Gives you a nice big area of sanded metal to ground with.
Ernesto Posted August 10, 2006 Author Report Posted August 10, 2006 ME ME ME!!!. Work great. I use the pro ones which are gold. Gives you a nice big area of sanded metal to ground with. Those allow you to ground any where or you have to screw down the two bolts down to some metal of the vehicle?
AP Zoutes Posted August 10, 2006 Report Posted August 10, 2006 yeah, You screw down to bolts to metal. I will post a pick of mine tomorrow, but basically you mark you holes and sand the paint off the metal betwwen the holes then when you screw down the lug you have a nice large grounding surface.
Ernesto Posted August 10, 2006 Author Report Posted August 10, 2006 yeah, You screw down to bolts to metal. I will post a pick of mine tomorrow, but basically you mark you holes and sand the paint off the metal betwwen the holes then when you screw down the lug you have a nice large grounding surface. Oh ok...Think I'd rather stick to learning how to Solder (never tried) and grounding normally. Seems alot cheaper to me.
AP Zoutes Posted August 10, 2006 Report Posted August 10, 2006 imo I like the larger bare metal surface you get compared to just a ring. But yeah learn to solder ;D
AP Zoutes Posted August 10, 2006 Report Posted August 10, 2006 just to clarify I don't do this to keep from soldering I just like the bigger ground area.
Ernesto Posted August 10, 2006 Author Report Posted August 10, 2006 just to clarify I don't do this to keep from soldering I just like the bigger ground area. Right. I still might consider getting a few of these.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.