Second Skin Audio

How Many Watts Is This Sub

You dont go by "Peak" power rating, that is just a number to make it sound louder. You should really go by RMS rating.

The Q I would say is optimal with about 1200 rms power with no BP option. If the Q is fully loaded, which means it will be able to handle more, you can throw around 1500 watts at it and sound great.

Edited by RamenNoodles

Peak doesnt really mean anything, the RMS is what you should be paying attention to and thats also what you should run it at, but with that Fi sub you could probably run close to 1500 to it if set up correctly. but seeing as you're pretty new to car audio, I'd stick with running it at 1000 watts.

Edit: got beat to it.

Edited by Brick2560

TexasTech2.jpg

"Buy some shit, Build some shit, Bang some shit!" - Dr. DB

Joe owns my soul.

Refs: Duct_Tape123, Derrick824

Peak doesnt really mean anything, the RMS is what you should be paying attention to and thats also what you should run it at, but with that Fi sub you could probably run close to 1500 to it if set up correctly. but seeing as you're pretty new to car audio, I'd stick with running it at 1000 watts.

i know rms is what you pay attention to but my frined had two 12 inch crutchfield subs that peaked at 1000 watts each and i wanted to know if mine would sound better than his because im tryin to get a feel for what subs to get.

Once or twice I have missed having a back seat / rear hatch, but all in all people love to see a walled vehcile. It just screams "i'm not fucking around with my setup, im loud"

If his peaked at 1000 watts, and the Q is 1000 RMS, the Q would slump so much harder hands down.

They are 1k peak a piece he said.

His friend has double the cone area that a single 12" Q has which will add to the amount of air that is being pushed.