Sonic Electronix

ok. i've narrowed my choices to

1. new valor head unit wit gps, bluetooth, dvd, and ipod adap. 2 audioque 2200d amps (4400rms @ 14v). 1 15 audiopulse sub.

2. same head unit. 1 audioque 3500d amp (3500rms @ 14v). 1 15 btl sub.

i hav some questions..

?s for 1. i know i'll need a alt upgrade, how big u think? also 1 or 2 batts? and the factory specs for the box say 4 cu ft for a ported box, i doubt thats big enough, how big does anyone suggest? i hav 6.5-7 cu ft to work wit.

?s for 2. do u think i'll need a alt upgrade? im not sure. maybe just 2 batts? and how big of alt if i do need a upgrade? im thinkin 6 cu ft for the box

any help would be great

Ride: 2001 BMW325ci

Headunit: Alpine ida-x305

High/mid: stock harmon/kardon everything: 6 tweets, 1 set of 6.5" and 1 set of 6x9, 500rms total

Sub: (1) 15" DC Audio Level 5 D2 ohm

Amp for sub: MTX 4001d

Box: custom built 3.5 cuft ported

Power: 220amp alt from ohio gen, 2 kinetik 2400s in back

(Armoredhaulin @ May 29 2009, 08:34 AM)

Why waste your time with this tool? His system sucks, that's all there really is to it. My toilet puts out more low end and flex than that thing!

so ive been talked into doin a single sub setup. most likely a 15 since i dont think i hav room for a 18. do u think i'd need a alt upgrade if i only run 2200-3500rms? i know i will if i run 5000rms, which i'll do if i get a audiopulse sub. u have any amp suggestions for that? also, wat if i faced that top of the sub and ports towards the interior of the car and laid my back seats down. would that send more pressure into the car then if i had the subs and ports facing towards the back of the trunk?

Sounds like a good choice of going with a single sub set-up.

As to you question on the alt upgrade with the power your are talking about would be close to 180-290 amps (calculated values, actual values to be based on OEM amp rating) draw based on 12 volts because you mentioned you like to run your system with the car off at times so this is what you system will see. Big 3-wire upgrade should be your first electrical upgrade. I think you should consider some type of additional upgrade to your electrical be it a second battery and/or HO alternator. Stable voltage to your system will help maintain the rms rating of your amps.

If your seat folds down, defiantly the easier way for the bass to enter you interior from your trunk. Reading some of the other post of members sharing their findings is with subs and ports facing the rear seemed to be a good choice. Remember to allow for airspace for the bass to get around your box and into the area where the seat folds down. You will loss some spl when the seats are up but that is only a concern when you have rear seat passengers.

Amp suggestions become a personal choice I would still stay with brands that have proven themselves in the lanes espcially at the rms power level you are looking at using.

Sounds like a good choice of going with a single sub set-up.

As to you question on the alt upgrade with the power your are talking about would be close to 180-290 amps (calculated values, actual values to be based on OEM amp rating) draw based on 12 volts because you mentioned you like to run your system with the car off at times so this is what you system will see. Big 3-wire upgrade should be your first electrical upgrade. I think you should consider some type of additional upgrade to your electrical be it a second battery and/or HO alternator. Stable voltage to your system will help maintain the rms rating of your amps.

If your seat folds down, defiantly the easier way for the bass to enter you interior from your trunk. Reading some of the other post of members sharing their findings is with subs and ports facing the rear seemed to be a good choice. Remember to allow for airspace for the bass to get around your box and into the area where the seat folds down. You will loss some spl when the seats are up but that is only a concern when you have rear seat passengers.

Amp suggestions become a personal choice I would still stay with brands that have proven themselves in the lanes espcially at the rms power level you are looking at using.

i was hopein to run at 14v. how could i do that? i was plannin on the big 3. and the alts i was lookin at were ho and i was plannin on a second batt to. my seats do fold down, and i hav them like that and its deff louder now. itll be hard to hav room for airspace around the box to come back into the car. wat bout puttin the ports on the side of the box?

High/mid: stock harmon/kardon everything: 6 tweets, 1 set of 6.5" and 1 set of 6x9, 500rms total

Why waste your time with this tool? His system sucks, that's all there really is to it. My toilet puts out more low end and flex than that thing!

i was hopein to run at 14v. how could i do that? i was plannin on the big 3. and the alts i was lookin at were ho and i was plannin on a second batt to. my seats do fold down, and i hav them like that and its deff louder now. itll be hard to hav room for airspace around the box to come back into the car. wat bout puttin the ports on the side of the box?

Take a look into the manufacture zone for “missing link audio up your voltage” and see if they have module for your car this could be one way for increasing your voltage.

Take a look into the manufacture zone for “missing link audio up your voltage” and see if they have module for your car this could be one way for increasing your voltage.

ok i asked if they did, but would that for my stock alt or new alt?..

also wat u think bout the ports? also i think i mite just do the 3500d wit the audiopulse sub. if the subs rms is 2500 u think that amp will do it?

anyone know anythin bout treo ssx subs? and where i could find a 15". and how it would compare to a audiopulse axis 15"

or Kove Armageddon 15.22?

ok i asked if they did, but would that for my stock alt or new alt?..

also wat u think bout the ports? also i think i mite just do the 3500d wit the audiopulse sub. if the subs rms is 2500 u think that amp will do it?

Missing link would be able to answer if their products work on your stock or upgrade alt.

Ports facing back is the preferred direction.

Do you have audiopulse source in your area or are you going online for this purchase. Have you heard their products? As well as for the Audioque subs is there a dealer in your area, and have you heard the subs yet?

According the website specs the 3500d is stable at 1 ohm (3500 watts) when you order your audiopulse axis sub spec the D2 not the Q1 and run the two coils in parallel and you should be ok, check everything with a meter before powering up your equipment.

Missing link would be able to answer if their products work on your stock or upgrade alt.

Do you have audiopulse source in your area or are you going online for this purchase. Have you heard their products? As well as for the Audioque subs is there a dealer in your area, and have you heard the subs yet?

According the website specs the 3500d is stable at 1 ohm (3500 watts) when you order your audiopulse axis sub spec the D2 not the Q1 and run the two coils in parallel and you should be ok, check everything with a meter before powering up your equipment.

im goin online to buy the audiopulse. i just dont know whether to get the 2500rms axis or 5000rms ultra. either way i'd get a 4000rms autotek amp (i changed my mind on the audioque). the autotek amp is also stable to 1 ohm so i'll still get the D2 on the axis. but if i get the ultra, then it only comes in D2 ohm. i havnt heard any of this eqiupment in action, just seen vids.

can the ultra be wired to 1 ohm?

http://www.audiopulse.com/products/subwoof...vers/lms-ultra/

Archived