Sonic Electronix

Just listen to what the people are saying here. im currently just over halfway through mobile dynamics car audio installation school. and well u dont need the best shit to get loud. my instructor has a single 10"keenwood in a small ported box and a decent amp he paid 450 for everything and he hits 149.7 db. i shit myself. u dont need massive subs to be loud or that much power. its all in the install man. 20% is product. the rest is how u set it up and take ur time to make everything work the proper way.

well im not even tryin to go for BTLs. i was hopeing for two pioneer Premier TS-W8102SPL. and it recommends 8 gauge for those, but i was probably goin for 4 anyway.

how could i get it to runnin at 18 volts? add a alt or two? would 1 ohm Power @ 16V @ 1% THD = 4000rms be possible? caus that would be enough rms to fully power 2 BTLs.

i need 6000rms to run a full load to 2 of the pioneers

again, dont try to run 18v. theres i think 1 or 2 people here that actually have an 18v charging system, but that is with thousand and thousands of dollars and tons of man-hours. plus they're not their daily driving cars, strictly for SPL competitions. just get a normal HO alternator with a deep-cycle battery or two, and the big 3 in 1/0 gauge and your fine.

Get a regular amp or two to power the subs. start off small, NEVER go straight to the big leagues when you have no experience. like someone said before, a member recently lost his truck from a small little mishap that could've been avoided, but he didn't notice it and then he lost almost all of his equipment.

Just listen to what the people are saying here. im currently just over halfway through mobile dynamics car audio installation school. and well u dont need the best shit to get loud. my instructor has a single 10"keenwood in a small ported box and a decent amp he paid 450 for everything and he hits 149.7 db. i shit myself. u dont need massive subs to be loud or that much power. its all in the install man. 20% is product. the rest is how u set it up and take ur time to make everything work the proper way.

that must be a sick box design then for him to get that. im not even tryin to go for BTLs tho. im tryin to fully load the pioneers i wana get

Ride: 2001 BMW325ci

Headunit: Alpine ida-x305

High/mid: stock harmon/kardon everything: 6 tweets, 1 set of 6.5" and 1 set of 6x9, 500rms total

Sub: (1) 15" DC Audio Level 5 D2 ohm

Amp for sub: MTX 4001d

Box: custom built 3.5 cuft ported

Power: 220amp alt from ohio gen, 2 kinetik 2400s in back

(Armoredhaulin @ May 29 2009, 08:34 AM)

Why waste your time with this tool? His system sucks, that's all there really is to it. My toilet puts out more low end and flex than that thing!

again, dont try to run 18v. theres i think 1 or 2 people here that actually have an 18v charging system, but that is with thousand and thousands of dollars and tons of man-hours. plus they're not their daily driving cars, strictly for SPL competitions. just get a normal HO alternator with a deep-cycle battery or two, and the big 3 in 1/0 gauge and your fine.

Get a regular amp or two to power the subs. start off small, NEVER go straight to the big leagues when you have no experience. like someone said before, a member recently lost his truck from a small little mishap that could've been avoided, but he didn't notice it and then he lost almost all of his equipment.

sry, the big 3? wats that..

yea i just wana stick to wiring one amp

High/mid: stock harmon/kardon everything: 6 tweets, 1 set of 6.5" and 1 set of 6x9, 500rms total

Why waste your time with this tool? His system sucks, that's all there really is to it. My toilet puts out more low end and flex than that thing!

im basing this off of known knowledge about pioneer itself, not the level of sub you named.

Pioneer subs are wal-mart subs, cheap. Sure two of the lower level ones sound good on 400w rms because thats their max power they can handle. Throw another 100w rms @ them and POOF. Although with the sub your looking to get, theres tons of better subs that will out perform the pioneer all day long - if your going for street beat. (to name a few: btl, nightshades, 9500 dd's) I think you're opinion is REALLY stuck on the pioneer's and thats not good. Let the people with YEARS of experience on this forum help you.

sry, the big 3? wats that..

yea i just wana stick to wiring one amp

nvm i figured out the 3

im basing this off of known knowledge about pioneer itself, not the level of sub you named.

Pioneer subs are wal-mart subs, cheap. Sure two of the lower level ones sound good on 400w rms because thats their max power they can handle. Throw another 100w rms @ them and POOF. Although with the sub your looking to get, theres tons of better subs that will out perform the pioneer all day long - if your going for street beat. (to name a few: btl, nightshades, 9500 dd's) I think you're opinion is REALLY stuck on the pioneer's and thats not good. Let the people with YEARS of experience on this forum help you.

but im not goin with lower level ones, im goin wit the nicest they got the Pioneer Premier TS-W8102SPL. look it up and c wat u think.

i liked the BTLs to, but people r tellin me to go wit the bl's.. wat r nightshades and 9500 made by?

8ga wire and 3600rms to each sub hahaha :D

can u help me out on wat subs to go wit?

can u help me out on wat subs to go wit?

Well you seem fresh to all this and jus jumping into a big high powered system is no joke you really gotta know what your doing.. No offence to you

But Id get 2 Fi SSD Dual 1 ohm and a Sundown SAZ1500D and a Kinetik or PowerMaster battery and do the big 3 and call it day... until you gain further knowledge

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

but im not goin with lower level ones, im goin wit the nicest they got the Pioneer Premier TS-W8102SPL. look it up and c wat u think.

i liked the BTLs to, but people r tellin me to go wit the bl's.. wat r nightshades and 9500 made by?

sundown nightshades

and

digital designs(dd) 9500s

Archived