you said its 7ohms with a multi meter with the crossover all hooked up to the mids, woofers, and tweeter?

or just estimated what the impedance would be

Also on the caps, are any of them Radial caps?

meaning 1 way only- DC caps? that would do it

what are the impedances of the inductors? again, that also matters

for tweeters you usually want a very low resistance inductor, like 0.1- 0.5ohms, and the inductance needs to be very low as well

crossovers can be pretty tricky

1 last thing that I DO SEE

That non Poly cap is only rated at 100volts, what are the poly caps rated at?

Try to kee all caps somewhere in the 200v-400v range just so all the components match, and keep that as a poly cap as well

and double check how that 1 resitor is wired up, its possible it can be wired is series when supposed to be parr, or viseversa, very easy to mess that up

those few things can be way easily overlooked, and cause the impedance to drop below the recievers abilty to play pretty asily if just 1 wire is backwards

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Archived