Going to work on it today.

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

I got the box put together today. I didn't take a lot of pictures cause I was in a hurry to get it usable for the competition tonight. I hit my best score to date 146.9 (in the 0-500 watt class, 4 ohm rating). Not to bad for a 1500 watt amp.... thats the power of Sundown for ya. Will post what pictures I have tomorrow.

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Currently Rebuilding....

I do box designs.

As I said before, I didn't get to take as many pictures as I wanted do to time constraints. I predrilled everything and put the box together without glue to make sure it fit before the final glue and screw. Talk about a tight fit, its like stuffing 5 pounds of crap in a 2 pound bag. The pieces were over sized on purpose to be cleaned up with a flushing bit and router later. I went over to Derricks the day of the competition to clean up the edges, round over the corners and cut the port and subs holes. It came out very nice.

The first hit at the show was a 146.5 at 42 Hz, with seconds to go I tried 41 Hz and gain a tenth. After the car cooled down some I ran through the lanes again playing 41Hz first and got a 146.9. Not the 147 I wanted but it will do. Once the subs get a little loose I am sure I will pick up that tenth. I want to try 45 the corners to see if improves my score any. Plus Derrick has some ideas/tricks he wants to try.

Posted Image

The fitment test.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Currently Rebuilding....

I do box designs.

Will have to get pictures of everything in the trunk a little later. With a 6 cubic foot box, two Optima G31's, and a Sundown 1500 you can imagine my trunk is pretty busy....

Currently Rebuilding....

I do box designs.

The first hit at the show was a 146.5 at 42 Hz, with seconds to go I tried 41 Hz and gain a tenth. After the car cooled down some I ran through the lanes again playing 41Hz first and got a 146.9. Not the 147 I wanted but it will do. Once the subs get a little loose I am sure I will pick up that tenth. I want to try 45 the corners to see if improves my score any. Plus Derrick has some ideas/tricks he wants to try.

Hey now don't go given away any of my secret ninja box skillz. Well I guess I can let one slip. Since yellow is the official color of fast, paint the inside of your box yellow to speed up the air flow resulting in 0.3 tenths gain. Its true I seen it. :crazy:

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

Hey now don't go given away any of my secret ninja box skillz. Well I guess I can let one slip. Since yellow is the official color of fast, paint the inside of your box yellow to speed up the air flow resulting in 0.3 tenths gain. Its true I seen it. :crazy:

I thought the color was race me red....

Currently Rebuilding....

I do box designs.

Archived