Sundown Audio

Amp Wont Work

ma18

sorry im new and i guess i put this in the wrong place last time and it got deleted. i have a kenwood excelon kac-x301t and immdeatly after washing my car it blew both of the 30 amp fuses. i know its not the wiring because i now have 2 other amps hooked to it and they are working perfect and it still does the same thing. it instantly blows the fuses as soon as the ignition is turned on :( i need an opinion ... is there something i can try to fix it or is it basically a paper weight now ??

18" ma audio p180xl "old skool"

kicker 652xi impulse

200 watt la amp (for tha highs)

pioneer deh-p3000IB hu

1 power run of 4 Ga

1 farad stinger cap

rf 200 amp breaker

all monster wires

95' cutlass supreme

Paper weight

Your amp has a short and is grounding itself out

If you wanna are some fire works put some 60 amp or higher rated fuse's in there then turn it on lol have bucket of water ready to put the fire out

Edited by Team Bassick (ALPINE)

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Did you get water in it whilst washing the car?

i dont see how its in the trunk in front of the back winshield and the amp wasnt wet. i have 4 gauge wire and it got really hot to. almost melting point :unsure:

kicker 652xi impulse

pioneer deh-p3000IB hu

1 power run of 4 Ga

1 farad stinger cap

rf 200 amp breaker

all monster wires

95' cutlass supreme

well is there any wat to fix the short ??? if any thing i need a new amp anyways. the impulse i have now just aint cutting it. any ideas on an amp that will push my sub (listed below) for around 700 dollars or less ??

kicker 652xi impulse

pioneer deh-p3000IB hu

1 power run of 4 Ga

1 farad stinger cap

rf 200 amp breaker

all monster wires

95' cutlass supreme

well is there any wat to fix the short ??? if any thing i need a new amp anyways. the impulse i have now just aint cutting it. any ideas on an amp that will push my sub (listed below) for around 700 dollars or less ??

Call kenwood and see how much to fix it or get a new amp the short is in the bord or a reistor cap fet blew out ether way you can't fix it

Kenwood might be able to if its not to old and still have parts for it

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Call kenwood and see how much to fix it or get a new amp the short is in the bord or a reistor cap fet blew out ether way you can't fix it

Kenwood might be able to if its not to old and still have parts for it

Kenwood kac-x301t Relesed in 2000, Kinda old best bet is to find a Authorized Kenwood repair center.

Yeah sounds like something in your power supply section has blown right up... probably a FET has burnt and gone short, or a transformer winding has burnt and shorted... could also be the driver board has gone faulty and is holding the FETs fully open... one way or another, it's not something you can fix yourself, but for an amp repair place it might be less than half an hours work...

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!