Any one ever cut a coil down to lower a car? I need to know how much to cut to lower 1 1/2 to 2"                                                                                                 

Its all about the Install !!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/audioaddiction863

tripleA.jpg

Bass Race Florida State Champ runner up 139.9 2008

Bass Boxing Florida State Champ runner up Middleweight 2008

i have on my truck, never cut more then 1 coil, it will lower it about an inch depending on your applacation. I cut 3 out of teh factory, rode hard, then got  really drop springs, then BAGS

SMDsigbannr4.jpg1995 Geo Prism . FI BTL 12 P chamfer, 3rdmagnet HIXMAX COIL 1/0 big 3 HIFONICS COLOSSUS 1.7 cubs tuned to 60hz in the works 2xTruck battery 1125 cca.

If it got too hot, it could cause the spring to warp. Then you'd be out a spring. I had cut coils on all 4 corners of my C-10, they were cut drop springs. The guy before me did it cheaply, very cheaply. They were each cut by 2 coils. The frame was about 4 in. off the ground after that. Use a sawzall if you can get ahold of one....and alot of blades. 

heatting teh springs is teh worst thing to do, just cut one coild off with a cutoff wheel, easest thing to do.

SMDsigbannr4.jpg1995 Geo Prism . FI BTL 12 P chamfer, 3rdmagnet HIXMAX COIL 1/0 big 3 HIFONICS COLOSSUS 1.7 cubs tuned to 60hz in the works 2xTruck battery 1125 cca.

when we done my 74 olds 98 it had some seriously heavy duty springs up front.

(oldsmobile come higher in the front from the factory for better weight transfer)

we used a port-a-band band saw and cut exatly 1 coil off each spring, took 1 minute per spring. that dropped my car 2" in the front and leveled it out perfect.  its better to use a band saw or sawzall instead of a cutoff wheel or torch b/c of heat issues. 

get the spring to hot and it will make it weak and lower itself for you.

for my friends 97 silverado x-cab shortbed

he cut 2.5 coils off. dropped him to the bump stops and the spring would move in the pocket. he put some coil spacers in and one of the springs broke a week later

he then got some springs from a 2500 or 3500 and cut 1.5 coils off and it brought it down bout 3"-3.5"  rides great

word of advice.  do it right the first time. spend the extra cash and get the right equipment

in my case with my olds. i couldnt find a kit and couldnt get any help finding a kit to work from anyone on the net.

word of advice.  do it right the first time. spend the extra cash and get the right equipment

in my case with my olds. i couldnt find a kit and couldnt get any help finding a kit to work from anyone on the net.

2x

I agree 100%. My truck was already like that when I bought it, so I had no choice. I ended up breaking the spring cup on the back pass side from hitting a pothole too fast, didn't see it coming. So I took out the drivers rear coil too...rear of truck sat on bumpstops.....worst ride ever, but damn did it look sweet.