Sundown Audio

Amp Wont Turn On?

Beanz

My friend has a hifonics titan.We ran his sub which is a soundstream t5-12 inch sub,we had the sub run at 4 ohms at first but then we ran it at 1 ohm.Sounded great until he turned on the epicenter,then the amp went in to protect mode and now it wont turn on?my friend said he rewired everything on the amp again and still wont turn on?anybody know the problem?

Edited by Beanz
That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

i told him to check the remote and he said its on good?what do you mean about overloading the rcas?

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Is the speaker still hooked up to the sub? try unhooking sub and rcas. if it still does not turn on chech the voltage on the positive and the voltage to the remote.

Its all about the Install !!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/audioaddiction863

tripleA.jpg

Bass Race Florida State Champ runner up 139.9 2008

Bass Boxing Florida State Champ runner up Middleweight 2008

Is the speaker still hooked up to the sub? try unhooking sub and rcas. if it still does not turn on chech the voltage on the positive and the voltage to the remote.

I guess it still is and it just dosent turn on.and how would we check the voltage on the amp??

multimeter

ALL RIGHT ILL CHECK TOMORROW SINCE MY FRIEND IS MOST LIKELY SLEEPING RIGHT NOW.THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE HELP!!!!

so we checked everything made sure it was tight,and now all the amp does it turn on the hifonics lights just a lil bit but no bass or nothing,then we tried his other amp a rockford fosgate and that one didnt turn on either anybody no what it is???

so we checked everything made sure it was tight,and now all the amp does it turn on the hifonics lights just a lil bit but no bass or nothing,then we tried his other amp a rockford fosgate and that one didnt turn on either anybody no what it is???

Well, usually, lights on amps are controlled by the remote so we can rul that out.

Did you check the voltages at the terminals?