Second Skin Audio

Soo.. What Makes It Work?

Guest Powered By Hate

Iam just curious as to why you want to know about square waves?

To a speaker they are dangerous

When we would sweep speakers at the test bench, on the tone generator, there is a selector for Square waves- I was bored more than a few times, and hit this switch, not on customers subs, but just random returns, or failures, and its NOT a pretty sound, just a BUZZZ at what ever frequency rate your sweeping at

What the square waves do is not heathly to mechanical devices that use electro magnets, etc

easy way to kill a speaker

Lulz, square waves are fun. We got a PA dropped off to us, busted up and broken down. Had a twin fifteen in woofer cab per side, each with a pair of JBL 2226 drivers....

...bridged up a Lab.Gruppen FP6400+, 28hz full square = wheee! Made some right ripper noises before they went up in flames.

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

Iam just curious as to why you want to know about square waves?

To a speaker they are dangerous

When we would sweep speakers at the test bench, on the tone generator, there is a selector for Square waves- I was bored more than a few times, and hit this switch, not on customers subs, but just random returns, or failures, and its NOT a pretty sound, just a BUZZZ at what ever frequency rate your sweeping at

What the square waves do is not heathly to mechanical devices that use electro magnets, etc

easy way to kill a speaker

Heh, ran 4.5kw square waves to a DD 9515 for about 10 burps before I realised the gain was way way way out... took it like a champ :P

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Guest Powered By Hate
Try this site, it has all the information you seek. I can only show you the path....you have to walk it..lol

www.bcae1.com

The main menu to the right is your friend

Thank you for your help. Why do I want to know about square waves you say? Cause thats the beginning.