Second Skin Audio

Box Help

I'm probably gonna rebuild my box using amatt85's calc. I figured out how I want the box laid out but am wondering if 2.46 net cubes per sub is gonna be OK.

I have 3 Type R 12's Dual 2 ohms. Alpine says 1.7 gross and 1.3 net, seems small for to me but that's what the manual says. They will each be getting 500 Rms. I think that covers everything

member9971.png

the numbers you get from a tech shet are so its safe.... companies wont give you what it will be loudest at, cause they don't want a warrenty issue... the guys on here.. i think prolly know as much if not more that the guys at the company, cause all they do is look up the info on a tech sheet, the guys on here and tested tried and tuned, and know what works best. I must say thank you to a few people on here for a lot of info I have used. talk to foreverbumpin, he seems to know his junk. 2.6ish you say for a 12" sounds about right depends on the box design and power, but i would try it, shit my box is like 4.96 for my mojo 12"

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

I'm pretty sure it will be OK. I don't have anything to model the response curves on so that is where I need help. With the volume being larger than "suggested" I don't know how the subs will react. I have the box tuned to 30.6 by amatt85's calc. That is right where I want to be but want to make sure the subs will do alright in this case.

member9971.png

do it... just start quiet and bring it up slow. if you have access to an rta thats the best bet. start out with no boost at that freq, see what it looks like, and play with it. if its a little floppy, put some foam from a craft store on the back or bottom of the box, it will slow the air down and akte up a little space and tighten up the responce. semper fi

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

although they r only at 500rms i still think u should go alil bigger wit the box

Ride: 2001 BMW325ci

Headunit: Alpine ida-x305

High/mid: stock harmon/kardon everything: 6 tweets, 1 set of 6.5" and 1 set of 6x9, 500rms total

Sub: (1) 15" DC Audio Level 5 D2 ohm

Amp for sub: MTX 4001d

Box: custom built 3.5 cuft ported

Power: 220amp alt from ohio gen, 2 kinetik 2400s in back

(Armoredhaulin @ May 29 2009, 08:34 AM)

Why waste your time with this tool? His system sucks, that's all there really is to it. My toilet puts out more low end and flex than that thing!