Sonic Electronix

do you mean you just hooked both together. If so u are still going to loose memory the red is an acc that just has power when the car is on. But try it and let me know what happens.

94 lincoln mark viii

h/u: kenwood kvt 614 Excelon

comps: alpine type x

amps: mtx 1501d mtx 4004

sub:2 DC lv4 12

wiring jl audio 0awg 8 awg sub

jl audio 4 awg for mid and highs amp

myspace.com/kylecm85

carstereolexington.com

yea both reds and yellow are all in one connection. this is what i did on my 79 elco and it worked but i wasted messin around with all this other stuff. the stereo stays on with out the keys in ignition, but is not a problem cus some of my old scoo cars done that and i take the face out when i park it so i should be good. i guess ill see in the morning.

thats cool when u connected them together did they go to the red wire coming out of the interface harness or did they go to the yellow

94 lincoln mark viii

myspace.com/kylecm85

carstereolexington.com

i personal have not done that. You said the headunit is not turning off with the car so that makes me think by conecting all the wires together u just eliminated the acc power. which pretty much just sends the power to the deck to turn on and off. So if it works out then i guess all is good. But it will always have a constant pull with it hooked up that way.

94 lincoln mark viii

myspace.com/kylecm85

carstereolexington.com

We've had problems with gmrc's and video decks, especially flip outs. Im pretty sure int hat car, the radio is powered through the amp, which in turn is powered through the gmrc, and it ends up being a load of current. 99% of the time that we've done it, we put a relay triggered by the acc wire to the radio, with the outpout to the radio's red, and the input tied into the constant.

alot of times the gmrc/os unit just shorts itself out and kills the battery, it may be worth trying, but it seems more like the factory amp is blown honestly

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

i mean if i did that in a customers car i would not be alowed to roll it.If it was me in your situation i would run a acc power to the acc under the dash and a constant 12 volts straight to the batt. Since the factory amp is bad you cant do anything with it but use it as a paper weight. But if it works out for you then best of luck.

94 lincoln mark viii

myspace.com/kylecm85

carstereolexington.com