ok so i started this thread in hopes more than a couple of people in hear know about datsuns. i got a 85 720 5-speed with a z24s w/dual webber sidedrafts and two fatty accel coil's, and a header, a 79 510 4-speed with l20b stock, a 78 b210 auto trans. with a14 stock, and a 71 520 with l16 4-speed w/ header and 2 barrel webber....so of course i have ideas for all the body's but specifically the 210 is the baby i have been reading a lot of forums and tryin to figure out what to do with all of my power trains my main question is do i do a straight motor swap or do i creat one of these l/z24 hybrid's everyone's talkin about then i read somone was taking l16 heads and putting them on l20's for what? kinda a broad question i think but hopefully somone know's alot more than me here thanks :help:

BIG PYMPIN IS BIG PYMPIN IS BIG PYMPIN

i dunno much about datsuns except that this guy i know has a 72 datsun 510 with a sr20 greddy turbo charged, it ran a mid 9 second run in the 1/4 mile and also that we were going 90 halfway down a residential street. with that said i would deffinitly do a motor swap! power to weight ratio is out standing

I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores!

SMD SUPER SELLER

my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/

more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/

• 9 months later...

do a sr20det swap :D And the reason they put the l16 head on the l20 is probably to up the compression. The z24 was a good engine for me..i liked those, but they were hell to do a timing chain on..You should post up some pics, specifically that 510..my favorite datsun of all time