Soberbills's Sr. Year Build * tear down(9/18/09) Page 31

ok, bought wood today. some glassing stuff. and got busy.

Thanks nightshade for the initial box desighn, i added .5 cubes extra in for the bigger woofers. but still thanks for all your help.

Box is 38.5x28x19(double baffle)

3/4" mdf used, we dn't have 1" ware i live.

all corners will have the 45 resin trick, and i'll glass the piss out of the inside. i got the steel brace in the middle. and some added 2x6's later to come.

6 4" aero ports tunned to 35 hz.

Thanks to a diagram bangingcaddy put up to show the right way to have you batterybank wired, i did it right. and even with no major current being drawn, i can tell a difference already. thanks for putting that up.

ok, pics.... i'm really bored here. um..... just an FYI, this is my first double baffle, hope i did it right. and i did glue the baffles together. so ya. haha

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

and new haircut

Posted Image

thats it for now. i'll try to have more tomorrow

Bills

KwB

Team DC Audio Midwest captain

i didn't put screws where the subs are going. i didn't wanna waist any. i only have like 15 or 20 screws left..... haha

Bills

KwB

i didn't put screws where the subs are going. i didn't wanna waist any. i only have like 15 or 20 screws left..... haha

Bills

Nice box.. and for that reason there is why i bought a huge box of them for my wall lol

Team Deadly Hertz

1997 GMC 1500

Update....

System is gone

Motor is fucked

Truck is down and out for a while

Myspace

YOUTUBE

My Build

didnt really need all those screws but not bad.. wat u got for internal bracing?

a 2x2x1/4" steel square tubing welled to two 8x3x1/4 plates. and i'll have some 2"x6" boardes mouned around the sides just for stability, but alot of glassing will go inside. and like i said, first double baffle. haha

Bills

KwB

shit man i fucked mine up and it leaks..........fixed now but...........

ur shit sounds nice

i need another battery for up front.... i have a 1400 in back....what should i put up there>

I would put the bigest you can fit. if your looking to keep the kinetk train, try a 1800 or 2000, if a 24 will fit, do it. if none of them fit, put the 1400 up front, and then a 2400 in back. but it all comes down to what is the biggest you can fit. haha. like i had to squezze a 1800 up front. and it was no easy task. lol

ya. this box has some leaks right now since i didn't use a table saw to cut. but i cauked the bad stuff and i'm doing resin and fiberglassing so it will rock hard

Bills

KwB

I would put the bigest you can fit. if your looking to keep the kinetk train, try a 1800 or 2000, if a 24 will fit, do it. if none of them fit, put the 1400 up front, and then a 2400 in back. but it all comes down to what is the biggest you can fit. haha. like i had to squezze a 1800 up front. and it was no easy task. lol

ya. this box has some leaks right now since i didn't use a table saw to cut. but i cauked the bad stuff and i'm doing resin and fiberglassing so it will rock hard

Bills

well i really dont have the money for a 2400.................. what would be ur next advice....... i am thinkin like a red top up front then kinetik in back

2004 Chevy Tahoe LT........... THINKING

secondskin_468x60-2.gif

MWSPL.jpg

well i really dont have the money for a 2400.................. what would be ur next advice....... i am thinkin like a red top up front then kinetik in back

ya, that was my second thoguht for my ride. but get the bigest one you can though.

Bills

KwB

Archived