Distortion To The Max

infkt

If it was inline why isnt it working now? or if its in the amp its still there and not working?

Wow this site is slow right now, damn meade with hot topless hairtricks..

If its a infinity sound system, chances are it is amplified by the factory which you already stated is true.

Which means there is no amp in the stock headunit.

When you put a after market headunit/cd player in your car, your having a second amp so to say from the aftermarket cd player.

The cd player is sending a clipped signal to the stock infinity amp causing its distortion.

There are kits made to bypass the stock amp by pheripheral or pac Im sure, or you can rewire all speakers off your headunit and bypass the stock amp by yourself.

No matter what type of crossovers you buy, it will still distort because your amping a low signal input signal on your stock amp, making the stock amp play at close to or max volume, then when you turn the new headunit up, your just clipping the piss out of it and causing the distortion.

The stock wires that go from the stock headunit to the stock amp hardly have enough power to power a speaker until it passes through the amp.

i had to bypass the factory amp in my friends 03 tundra for it to work and got no distortion at all, ied unhook the factory amp

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

as a side note in my car(see sig) i bypassed factory amp also...no problems so far....

~Matthew

1998 Toyota Camry XLE V6 3L

(1) ScyTek Astra 4000RS-2W-1 2-Way Remote Start Alarm

with Shock and Proximity

(1) 20% Tint All Around (Gately Audio)

(1) 250 Amperage HO Alternator

(1) Big 3 Done In 1/0

(2) Kinetik HC2400 Power Cell

(1) Alpine IVA-D106 Receiver

(1) Peripheral Video Bypass Device

(4) Alpine SPS-17C2 Speakers

(1) Alpine KCE-422i iPod Control Interface

(4) Sheets Dynamat Extreme; for speakers

(1) 10 Square Feet Hushmat (Trunk & Rear Deck)

(4) DC Audio Level 4 15" D2 Subwoofer w/ Level 5 Coils

(1) Wall Built By David, Tuned to 32 Hz

(1) Rockford Fosgate T40001bd Amplifier

(1) Stinger 1/0 Wiring (2 runs of + 2 runs of -)

(1) Stinger Volt Meter

i had to bypass the factory amp in my friends 03 tundra for it to work and got no distortion at all, ied unhook the factory amp

That is your best and cheapest bet.

Your going to have to wire hunt and find which wires goto what speaker, and take the input wires to the amp and connect them directly to the output wires. It maybe a pain, but you could find wiring diagrams for your car on directedelectronics.com most likely.

Or as I said you maybe able to find a oem intergration kit to use with your car, but may have to search a little bit. Your best bet would be calling around audio shops because if they do make the kit they will know for sure which one you need. These intergration kits can run from $20 to $100 however. But the really expensive kits are those fore vehicles that have things like onstar and such.

Just make sure that if you are going to bypass the amp with no kit to either:

A) cut the plugs off the wires with enough room to re attach the plugs incase you want to go back to factory if you sell the car or anything like that.

or

B) use scotch locks on the wires this way you dont have to cut or splice into the factory wires, and going back to factory makes it really easy.

Scotchlocks can be found really cheap at most hardware and auto part stores. I believe 3M makes the best ones IMO

They are simple to use, they go over the wire, then you slide the new wire that you are wanting to splice into the existing wire, and push a metal spade down that pokes a hole through both wires making a solid tight connection.

tapsplice.jpg

Just remember to unplug the wiring harness's from the stock amp!

Edited by audiofanaticz

That is your best and cheapest bet.

Your going to have to wire hunt and find which wires goto what speaker, and take the input wires to the amp and connect them directly to the output wires. It maybe a pain, but you could find wiring diagrams for your car on directedelectronics.com most likely.

Or as I said you maybe able to find a oem intergration kit to use with your car, but may have to search a little bit. Your best bet would be calling around audio shops because if they do make the kit they will know for sure which one you need. These intergration kits can run from $20 to $100 however. But the really expensive kits are those fore vehicles that have things like onstar and such.

Just make sure that if you are going to bypass the amp with no kit to either:

A) cut the plugs off the wires with enough room to re attach the plugs incase you want to go back to factory if you sell the car or anything like that.

or

B) use scotch locks on the wires this way you dont have to cut or splice into the factory wires, and going back to factory makes it really easy.

Scotchlocks can be found really cheap at most hardware and auto part stores. I believe 3M makes the best ones IMO

They are simple to use, they go over the wire, then you slide the new wire that you are wanting to splice into the existing wire, and push a metal spade down that pokes a hole through both wires making a solid tight connection.

tapsplice.jpg

Just remember to unplug the wiring harness's from the stock amp!

hey bro let me ask you a question..because you seem the one guy that knows alot about car audio...ok.. i got this problem with distortion..well not exactly too much distortion but just a lil bit..everytime i go 32-35 (volume)..i mids and highs start to distort...and i got a 600 watt for the mids and highs..i was told to get rid of distortion to get better mids..i dont know if thats true thoug...or to get a better HU..before i had a sony HU and i gota say that mofo distorted at 20-35..it was worse than the new kenwood i bought couple of months ago...even thoug the kenwood i bought has 2 volt pre out i think..but anyways the HU its way better but still distorts at 32-35(volume)like i said...do you know what the problem might be?..hit me up A.S.A.P...when you got the time...

hey bro let me ask you a question..because you seem the one guy that knows alot about car audio...ok.. i got this problem with distortion..well not exactly too much distortion but just a lil bit..everytime i go 32-35 (volume)..i mids and highs start to distort...and i got a 600 watt for the mids and highs..i was told to get rid of distortion to get better mids..i dont know if thats true thoug...or to get a better HU..before i had a sony HU and i gota say that mofo distorted at 20-35..it was worse than the new kenwood i bought couple of months ago...even thoug the kenwood i bought has 2 volt pre out i think..but anyways the HU its way better but still distorts at 32-35(volume)like i said...do you know what the problem might be?..hit me up A.S.A.P...when you got the time...

Is your amp set to the HPF (High pass frequency) setting? If not, change it, that will probably help you quite a bit. On the deck, your bass level shouldn't be all the way up, and if the deck has a 'loudness' setting, turn that off. If all that is already set, 32-35 is too high, set the gain on your amps to match a volume level of below 32.

reset ur freq controles, like bass/mid/high that fixed mine, sometimes mids distort when u got ur treble n mid set to high, and make sure u got ur hpf set on ur headunit, it takes time to play around with it to get it to work and soundin good, ied set the bass/mid/treble on the headunit to zero and turn it up to the 35 and see if it distorts and back off on the gain on the amp a lil then set the hpf on the amp(if it has one) to around 80-120htz and set the headunits to highest setting then when the signal is clear start adjusting the bass/mid/n high on the headunit till it sounds the best

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

and on the wireing kit, the wires from headunit goin to factory amp unhook those, and take out teh wires from back of factory amp, his was right behind factory radio, and hook those into the wireing kit, i got one at walmart for his truck, and they went right into the wireing kit and just wire those up to ur headunit and should be good from there but if u start spliceing wires these are what ive used and have worked best for me, http://www.darvex.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Sc...Product_Count=1 these are awesome and if u got to do is clamp it over the wire u want and then hook the suplied spade connector onto the headunits wire in coraspondince with the wire ur useing and just plug it in and go from there