Jump to content

Eq With Hu?


Lucas702

Recommended Posts

Posted

I got an alpine CDA-9855, and I was looking around mostly on craigslist and I found an oledr model ERE-G180 equalizer, I read a lot of places it was the best equalizer they have made evn though it is older. Would it be worth it to pick up ($60) or just use the built in EQ on the deck? Would it make my system sound better? I noticed my sub volume went WAY down from when I had a pos sony deck and the subs were hooked to the rear and now they are hooked to the alpine they aren't nearly as loud, should that be right?

Posted

A lot of newer Alpines only have a 2v RCA output, so maybe a line driver would help with sub output.

I just removed my second EQ in favor of just using the EQ in my headunit, and it sounds so much better, and helped remove a slight hiss noise I had, too. Mine could very well have been tuning issues, but you can get decent clean sound with just a head unit EQ if it has enough adjustability for you.

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

AVATAR.jpg

MY BUILD LOG

Posted
A lot of newer Alpines only have a 2v RCA output, so maybe a line driver would help with sub output.

I just removed my second EQ in favor of just using the EQ in my headunit, and it sounds so much better, and helped remove a slight hiss noise I had, too. Mine could very well have been tuning issues, but you can get decent clean sound with just a head unit EQ if it has enough adjustability for you.

Alright, I think I will just spend that money towards some sound deadener then, thanks. I really like the EQ in the headunit, and it has the i-personalize option where you can make your own eq's and such. Ill try running both my rears and subs off out the rear output instead of the subwoofer out and see how it sounds. Thanks again for the help

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 1152 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...