Cut Buddy's Thunderbird Build

Subs firing forward or back?

P.S. Sweet looking build.

facing forward and sealed behind the rear seat similar to this except my rear seats dont fold down and I'll have about 6-8" between the back of the seat and the subs. Notice the 1" flange on the front of my box. thats for bolting and sealing it off. kinda a semi blowthrough

Posted Image

00114-1.jpgTEAM MechMan Alternators

Yeah I saw the flange thingy. So It'll pretty much be a 6th Order Series Bandpass.

Looks like it'll be a great all-round build.

Keep it up and def post vids.

guess so, lol.....the box is universal and can be used as sub and port back, but facing forward sealed off with just 1 sub yeilds 100+dB with just 1 watt @ the headrest in my homeboys simulator. trust me vids will be plentiful. but anyway back to the build

was kinda lazy today; didnt really feel like doing too much. So I peeled the mold off the panels and threw the panels back in the car.

Posted Image

The one on the left is the back of the drivers side and on the right is the front of the passenger side. I was going to glass the back of them but even though its some dry spots on the back of them.....The resin soaked through like a champ and they are both hard as a rock. so Imma just leave it, lol. Lazy!!!!! I know but these things are harder than a coffee table as is.

Posted Image

food fiberglassing there.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

thanx fellas, this is my first experience with glassing so Im kinda winging it. As Im working with it more Im getting better. I do however want to take the pillars back out and sand on them a lil more cause I just got somemore 60 grit sanding blocks the other day. Im looking to purchase the Atomic AT-5K next. Was going with the 7K but Id have to run possibly 2 more rear batteries and I want to eventually before next summer have it sitting on some 22s; So weight in the rear snd space was a issue there. The deka batteries Im going to be running are pretty heavy and the box alone empty weighs 105lbs. But I may do something electrically that I dont like to do and that is use a cap between my rear batteries and big amp. I was talking with a guy that is really heavy in the stereo game (been competing since the 80s). He told me that it would help stabalize my voltage. So I saw the Batcap 300 for a lil over $100. May get it, may not. We will see.

Archived