Second Skin Audio

Need Help Deciding On A Box Size For 2 18" Btl's

im building a box for 2 18" btl's fully loaded. i want to make actualy two seperate boxes so i could take one out if i needed to for some space. they are being built into a 99 durango. ive got 2 box sizes im looking at. the biggest area i have to work with is 45.5 wide 20 high 40 deep. and the area ive got to work with so i could open the floor space is 45.5 wide 20 high and 27 deep. i would like some help with box designs and stuff. i want the boxs to be sub up port back. and tuned to 35 hz. and 1.5 inch thick walls. i might be able to go to 22 high if i need to. any help would be greatly apreciated. thanks

And far as the best connection ever.......

get a huge fucking battery, cut the top off, drop an alt in there and then pour all that into your big amplifier. or just smelt them all together.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_14906_...AMF5500-1D.html

how would this amp be also for powering one of them?

get a huge fucking battery, cut the top off, drop an alt in there and then pour all that into your big amplifier. or just smelt them all together.

umm no help from ANYONE i take it??

umm no help from ANYONE i take it??

please dont go with that amp that amp wont produce not even close the amount of power needed for ust one btl....... go with atleast 2 sundown saz-3000's one on each sub dependin on what coils u got....

250 amp mechman alt

Sundown 100.4D

Sundown 1500v2 now goin to the cruze

Sundown ZV3 12d2

Sundown sa6.5cs X2

Kenwood X597

Trying something new

2011 Chevy Cruze

X8

1500v2

o ok thanks. im still debating on what coils to get. i think im gonna go with the 1 ohms.

depends on what kinda power u can and want to spend .... btl's r beast but they r hungry for power... depending on if u run one amp or two i would go with the 2 ohms since the 1 ohm coils ur stuck with either a 5 ohm load or a 2 ohm load .... not very amp friendly imo...but first off where does ur big 3 stand?

250 amp mechman alt

Sundown 100.4D

Sundown 1500v2 now goin to the cruze

Sundown ZV3 12d2

Sundown sa6.5cs X2

Kenwood X597

Trying something new

2011 Chevy Cruze

X8

1500v2

o i c. so then i should probibly get the 2 ohms then? well im gonna upgrade my big 3 before i put the new stereo back in. im waiting on some cash so i could buy some wire and connectors. im gonna run not to exspensive amps for right now. and one amp per sub. im only buying one sub as of right now. i need to get this job at sears before i can get the rockford amps i want to get for the subs.

thanks man. im deffinatly buying one sub within a month though from when i sell my subs to a friend. so its just deciding on weather to get the btl in 1 or 2 ohms.

Im guessing the dimensions you have are from the edge of the rear flap to second row seat, low enough you can still see out the back window, and wide enough to touch both wheel wells.

two boxes, each 22.75 wide, 20 high, 27 deep. that gives juuust over 5 cube net internal volume. considering the port is gonna be something like 19.75x4x22 to give that tuning, its just over a cubic foot, and the sub is going to be starved

im not sure how much height you can spare, but if you went 2 boxes, 22.75x26x27 with a port using the back floor which ends up being the internal width(19.75) and about 4.5 inches high by 23 inches deep, you hit the minimum of 5cubes a sub plus port. from what figure, you should be just over 35 hz tuning, like 35.1 or 35.2, but its close enough

heres a quick lil diagram so u know whats up

http://img524.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mrafricabu4.gif

as far as that amp, if it actually made that power, i'd be shocked

it looks like a bad rockford knockoff, and its power acoustik, not the best brand in the first place.

4g inputs and rms is claimed at 1700. i'd spend the extra cash and get something like audioque aq2200's or something similar, not some chinese made plastic throwaway big ass number on the box amplifier. if power acoustik has the technology to get near 6kwatts on 4g and 160amp draw, were all doomed

not to mention, the one picture i found of the side showcases 4 atc fuses. atc maxes out at 40amps, 160amp draw seems right for 1700watts.

i legitimately looked this thing up and down and spent like 45 minutes designing you a box and checking this amp out, dont buy it unless you realize that best case scenario, youre getting a shitty quality 1700MAX amplifier. you DO get what you pay for, that said,

http://www.audioque.com/aq/AQamps2200D.htm <my suggestion, quite a few people have used them with very positive reviews, and its a legit 2200 watt amp. 2 of those, a few batteries, some zero guage, and a nice alt, mechman and iraggi should both have some for your car, and you should be ready to thump.

Edited by raytard

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC