Need Some Suggestions

Okay so i'm building my home theater piece by piece, and I need reccomendations, I need a really good receiver, maybe one with an iPod hook up, and other really nice features.

Also I need an amp for the sub stage, I have 4 12" subs that i'm going to be using each one is 250RMS, so I need a HT amp that pushes out about a good clean 1000RMS.

So any suggestions would be great, also if anyone wants to give me some suggestions on some tower speakers, and surround speakers, throw them out here too, and budget isnt an option cause im not gonna buy it all at one time, save up and buy it piece by piece, as long as it isnt like outrageos i.e.-5 grand for a receiver or amp lol

Thanks,

E-Train

1997 4 Runner

Alpine CDA-9886

4 Fi Audio X Series 12's

1 Crunch GP3000D Pro

DC Power Inc. Alternator(Kickin out 15+ volts!)

footer-fade.gif

If money isn't a huge issue and you are patient, search for a Crown Macro-Reference. I assure you this amplifier will impress. It offers the tightest and cleanest low frequencies you've ever heard, thanks to a damping factor of >20,000. It will do over your specified wattage, but headroom can never go astray.

If you can't find or couldn't be bothered finding said amplifier, grrab any other NON DIGITAL/NO CLASS D/NO SWITCH MODE POWER SUPPLY Crown amplifier. SMPS power supplies just can't give you that high damping and transient surge like a big 'ol transformer can. I reccommend a used MacroTech, ComTech or C series crown amplifier. You will love them when you use them.

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

A really good receiver, Onkyo's Integra top unit has solid amplification and all around great performer, Pioneer's new units with ICE amps.

As for sub amps the Crown MacroTech series are tops,however the 20000 or so of damping may look impressive but damping factor over 300 in the lower registers is A ok. The Crown iTech series have very high damping,QSC's PowerLight are great for subs. Damping is one of the many specs you should verify before a purchase.

In the lower prced the QSC PLX/PLX2 are great for sub use.

A really good receiver, Onkyo's Integra top unit has solid amplification and all around great performer, Pioneer's new units with ICE amps.

As for sub amps the Crown MacroTech series are tops,however the 20000 or so of damping may look impressive but damping factor over 300 in the lower registers is A ok. The Crown iTech series have very high damping,QSC's PowerLight are great for subs. Damping is one of the many specs you should verify before a purchase.

In the lower prced the QSC PLX/PLX2 are great for sub use.

Macro-Reference has damping of over 20,000. Macro-Tech has damping of >2000

You can hear the difference between >300 and >20,000. I've used amplifiers with both specification ranging from two to eighty cabinets and personally I love cone control, though I know many people who intentionally use low damping drive systems for a naturally resonant and boomy low end. Crown iTech's are wonderfully designed, that is true. Switch Mode amplifiers simply don't have the power supplies to back the power stage, and PWM with Switch Mode will push insane amounts of power for a short time, absolutely tops for rock and roll. The QSC Powerlight is not a personal favourite after seeing a pair destroy themselves under reactive load.

I stand by my heavy, high temperature and power sucking recommendations.

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

Thanks for the suggestions, I looked into those crown amplifiers, and I will probably get one or 2 lol just have to wait till I get done with my car first, then move on to the HT

1997 4 Runner

Alpine CDA-9886

4 Fi Audio X Series 12's

1 Crunch GP3000D Pro

DC Power Inc. Alternator(Kickin out 15+ volts!)

footer-fade.gif

e_train, a member here is selling a Crown MacroTech M2400z. Here is teh linkage;

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=28815

Might be good?

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
RCF TT22A