Went To The Local Audio Shop Today...

Well the local audio shop has a wall, with JL speakers, and JL subs. My buddy is interested in the lower end gray cone JL 10s, and W3 8's.... He wants to do a box that will fit behind the rear seat of his Jeep TJ, as he has two 12" Pioneers in where the seat used to be, and he wants his seat back.

However the guy said it'd be 4-$500 for them to custom build a box that would fit in the cargo area of the jeep. :blink:

Plus the JL 10s are $179 dollars each... I told my buddy that we could design or have a box designed, that will fit in his jeep... for a hell of alot cheaper.

I can't believe how much the box costs, when you look at something like Thumpper makes (which is a work of art!), and what Thumpper charges compared to the local shop.

And all they carry is Kicker, JL, Kenwood as far as I know...

I was kinda thinking of having them do a blowthrough on my truck, but I'd hate to know how much it costs.

Put two of these under the seats and it will sound amazing. There are other options besides JL but if he is hell bent on them go with the tw5 subs. They only require 0.8 cubes in a box...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-New-12-JL-Audio-...p3286.m20.l1116

I know the cost of MDF went up $2 in the past 2 weeks,,, but up that much, I dunno ... lol

Its a shop, bottom line, they have more bills than a guy in there garage

Id build your buddy some subs, and a box for about $500 ;-)

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Put two of these under the seats and it will sound amazing. There are other options besides JL but if he is hell bent on them go with the tw5 subs. They only require 0.8 cubes in a box...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-New-12-JL-Audio-...p3286.m20.l1116

I don't think he'd want to spend that much.

I checked on Sonic Electronix,

Two of the JL Audio 10W1v2-4, like we looked at today, were $223 IIRC.

then a Kicker 08ZX300.1 to power it,

Estimated order total $436.76

Thats shipped to Canada.

Jeep is already wired. So thats all we'd need plus some MDF.

Here, These Rockford are $140 a piece with free shipping...

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9158_R...llow-mount.html

I doubt theres free shipping to Canada.

I could do two of those RFs in a basic ported box, could I not? I'm not sure what I'd tune the port to... He listens to rap, hip hop and classic rock.