Sonic Electronix

Hey guys I havent been on in while cuz ive been busy working on my new system ^_^ problem is that I already messed it up :angry: I got my hands on two DD 1500 series 12's, and a kicker 1500.1 I was told that the amp would be perfect for powering both subs and my scores went through the roof (at least for me) i went from a 137db to hitting a 145.6db... on two 12's :D but after a while of playing i started to smell burned coil. mostly when i hit the deep notes when playing music. then after about a week and a half or so i was at a show playing lil john's throw it up and stopped about halfway through the song and checked the speakers, when i opened the trunk i saw ALOT of smoke coming out of the port and I thought CRAP :shok: they still play but im guessing they are goners so im thinking of getting this.

one more kicker 1500.1

2-12" DD 3500 series (one amp per sub)

im already running knu koncepts 1/0 gauge wiring and a yellowtop

will the subs handle the amps? or will i be looking at a repeat? :dry:

2007 Pontiac G6 on 20's

Current System-

Jensen VM-9312 in-dash

(1) Kicker 1500.1

(2) DD 1500 Series 12's

Running Knu Koncepts 1/0 wiring

145.6db- Floorboard

162.9db- Port

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1983 Toyota Corolla Station Wagon (SPL Vehicle)

(Under Reconstruction)

Hey guys I havent been on in while cuz ive been busy working on my new system ^_^ problem is that I already messed it up :angry: I got my hands on two DD 1500 series 12's, and a kicker 1500.1 I was told that the amp would be perfect for powering both subs and my scores went through the roof (at least for me) i went from a 137db to hitting a 145.6db... on two 12's :D but after a while of playing i started to smell burned coil. mostly when i hit the deep notes when playing music. then after about a week and a half or so i was at a show playing lil john's throw it up and stopped about halfway through the song and checked the speakers, when i opened the trunk i saw ALOT of smoke coming out of the port and I thought CRAP :shok: they still play but im guessing they are goners so im thinking of getting this.

one more kicker 1500.1

2-12" DD 3500 series (one amp per sub)

im already running knu koncepts 1/0 gauge wiring and a yellowtop

will the subs handle the amps? or will i be looking at a repeat? :dry:

yes those subs can handle the amps and as long as you do the wiring right you should not have a repeat

15'' soundstream t5

1200 brutus amp

Archived