Sundown Audio

Jbl Amps

MXmike800

i have an older jbl gto 1200.1 not new model last one before are jbl amps overrated or underrated? just curious cause i have it on 3 type r 12 (4) ohm wired to 1 ohm at the amp. and after A little pounding not at full tilt my dustcap will heat up and i smell a little glue burning. They are supposed to be rated at 500 rms per and at 1500 max. Jbl says the amp pushes 1347w at 2 ohm. Cant find anything about what it should be pushing at 1 ohm and help is appreciated. Should my speakers be smelling? They are all brand new. Is this breaking in or should i be worried?

thanks mike

Edited by mxmike800

IMG_0364.jpg

well im running 6 of the new 1400.1's and IMO they are vry acurate if not under rated ... b/c im running mine at 3ohms(one amp to each 15"GTI) and they dnt get hot... id say maybe break in ... or what abt ur box.. b/c i kno with certain boxes ur subs will be less power efficient... ? u may be over powering them... whats ur gain set on ... it could be clipping and sending dirty power??? <----- someone correct me if im wrong

just my .2centz

*2013 NEW BUILD*

12- 18" Crossfire XS v2's B pillar 4th order wall

4- Crossfire 8K mono blocks

40+ pro audio mids tweeters and horns

3- Singer alternator 400a external regulated alts

tons of audiotechnix wire

24- XS Power D1400's

-TEAM XS POWER-

-TEAM CROSSFIRE-

-TDH-

tdh.png

IMG_0364.jpg

well im running 6 of the new 1400.1's and IMO they are vry acurate if not under rated ... b/c im running mine at 3ohms(one amp to each 15"GTI) and they dnt get hot... id say maybe break in ... or what abt ur box.. b/c i kno with certain boxes ur subs will be less power efficient... ? u may be over powering them... whats ur gain set on ... it could be clipping and sending dirty power??? <----- someone correct me if im wrong

just my .2centz

my amps dont get hot my woofers do. my box is built to apline specs its 56" long by 15" deep by 18" tall with a 2" port 10.5" deep giving me my 22" of port volume. box is built for 4 type r still gota pick up another. should i keep my gains really low or what? im trying to get at is what d ojbl amps push at 1 ohm cause thats what i have it wired at jbl says 1347w at 2 ohms. so im curious what i may be pushing to them. wonder how the jbl will push 4 type r. it gets plenty loud now but i want more =)

thanks truly

my amps dont get hot my woofers do. my box is built to apline specs its 56" long by 15" deep by 18" tall with a 2" port 10.5" deep giving me my 22" of port volume. box is built for 4 type r still gota pick up another. should i keep my gains really low or what? im trying to get at is what d ojbl amps push at 1 ohm cause thats what i have it wired at jbl says 1347w at 2 ohms. so im curious what i may be pushing to them. wonder how the jbl will push 4 type r. it gets plenty loud now but i want more =)

thanks truly

yeah thats what i meant my subs dnt get hott lol my bad didnt be 2 clear abt that... and you cna check on the forum there is a thread abt adjusting ur gains if u got a dmm.... then you kno ull have ur gains set right... iv got 1 of the old 1200's and i had it pushing 2 of 15"JBL GTI's at 1.5 ohm's and let me tell you it pusshed them perfect.... and they are 800rms--5000 peak i duno if you dnt wana mess with setting the gains properly then just play with it till you can get it how you want it ... IMO... but itd be best to look at that chart and set it all right:D thats jus my opinon tho

*2013 NEW BUILD*

12- 18" Crossfire XS v2's B pillar 4th order wall

4- Crossfire 8K mono blocks

40+ pro audio mids tweeters and horns

3- Singer alternator 400a external regulated alts

tons of audiotechnix wire

24- XS Power D1400's

-TEAM XS POWER-

-TEAM CROSSFIRE-

-TDH-

tdh.png

To clarify - is this running 3 subs or 4?

And how did you set the gain?

running 3 type r at the moment. i havent set my gain dont know how... havent really read into it either my bass and input are about half and my hz all the way down.