O.K. I have a 2000 Dodge Dakota 3.9 V6. I have a problem with my heater. If this is in the wrong section please move it to the right one.

I know it is only October in Florida it was a little bit chilly today. When I turn my heater on the fan runs, but I get no heat. The A/C works fine, all the vents work (as do all the settings for the dial on the dash) but no heat comes out. I would like to fix this problem by myself (to save some loot). I think I have all the tools to do the work, plus the fix-it-books (haynes / chilitons) but I would like some opions on what is wrong before I pay someone else to fix it. Thanks!!

www.stereomayhem.com

my guess would be a bad thermostat, or heater core... but don't quote me on that.

Need any thing chromed? Hit me up!!!

gamer tag: (360)

mEmEnToMoRi64

My Myspace

refs:

from here: RollinSoLow, Derrick824, Ray

from c.a.c.o. : teamsubgopoof, splvictim20, SundownAudioNY

from C.A.J. : Donpisto, spladdict19, CAJunkyard, JBLCAMRY, DasBot (robot underground)

from ca.com: alxmlr789,photocrazy8

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

2c27c692.jpg

im not really sure on what exactly the heater core is... i have just heard ppl talk about them when having problems with their heater.

Need any thing chromed? Hit me up!!!

gamer tag: (360)

mEmEnToMoRi64

My Myspace

refs:

from here: RollinSoLow, Derrick824, Ray

from c.a.c.o. : teamsubgopoof, splvictim20, SundownAudioNY

from C.A.J. : Donpisto, spladdict19, CAJunkyard, JBLCAMRY, DasBot (robot underground)

from ca.com: alxmlr789,photocrazy8

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

2c27c692.jpg

well i drive a 04 Ford Expedition and had problems with my rear a/c and heat. what happened was my heater blend door actuator (small box with gears in it that opens the doors) was messed up. i got on the Ford forums and read up on it and after tearing apart my far rear right panel and getting to that clicking sound i was hearing ...... surely it was the blend door actuator. so with the gears being messed up and it being summertime the door was stuck on letting the a/c air out and when trying to put on it hot the door wouldn't move. i hit up the junkyard and took care of the problem and not she works. that was my problem and hope it helps you, keep us informed because it's getting cold out there

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

and if your truck has blend door actuator take them out and open them up to check the gears because if the gear teeths are striped then the door to control your cold and hot air is stuck.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module