Bagging A 2007 Tahoe On 24"s

I am looking to bag my tahoe...not looking for lay frame right now...I just want to be able to bag the truck.

I am not sure if this is a problem or not, but my front and rear tires stick out a little bit outside the wheel well. I am not sure if they will camber in or not...Here is a picture:

Posted Image

I am going to my installer tomorrow for him to look at it but I just wanted to know what you guys thought.

Thanks,

Chris

PS: 35" tires

Guest Powered By Hate

Well.. theres no such thing as magic but ive seen MAD CRAZIER thing than that pulled off. a little negative camber is nothing that wouldnt fix... mmmMMMM!!! But then again.. if the offset isnt right there no way it'll lay down on them. I'm not a mechanic. Either that or chop saw time..

http://a666.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/image...82c7a96f299.jpg

negative camber gives me a boner.

Im sure its been done before but you might run into a real problem with the back wheels since you cant camber them in since they are connected to a straight axle

ya

Well.. theres no such thing as magic but ive seen MAD CRAZIER thing than that pulled off. a little negative camber is nothing that wouldnt fix... mmmMMMM!!! But then again.. if the offset isnt right there no way it'll lay down on them. I'm not a mechanic. Either that or chop saw time..

http://a666.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/image...82c7a96f299.jpg

negative camber gives me a boner.

Ya I don't think the front will be that big of a problem...but on the back if its to much of an offset on these wheels, I would probally have to buy new ones. Could I shorten the axle in the back? Or would that be a lot of money? Or not even possible?

ya

Ya I don't think the front will be that big of a problem...but on the back if its to much of an offset on these wheels, I would probally have to buy new ones. Could I shorten the axle in the back? Or would that be a lot of money? Or not even possible?

Its possible to shorten it but I just went and looked at my moms tahoe she has the same kind as you it would be alot more time and money imo to shorten the axle I would just try to find someone to trade your rims to

Its possible to shorten it but I just went and looked at my moms tahoe she has the same kind as you it would be alot more time and money imo to shorten the axle I would just try to find someone to trade your rims to

man I really don't want to do that...cause then I have to re powder coat them all...and then loose money selling and buying new wheels

man I really don't want to do that...cause then I have to re powder coat them all...and then loose money selling and buying new wheels

You might be able to roll the fenders a little bit To shorten the axle isn't necessarily hard but it is time consuming and you will need someone that knows there stuff when it comes to welding and fabrication it would have to be welded very precisely basically back to factory specs except shorter. It might actually be safer and cheaper to actually sell your wheels

Guest Powered By Hate

You might be able to roll the fenders a little bit To shorten the axle isn't necessarily hard but it is time consuming and you will need someone that knows there stuff when it comes to welding and fabrication it would have to be welded very precisely basically back to factory specs except shorter. It might actually be safer and cheaper to actually sell your wheels

Rolling the fenders is a good idea but how much could you really roll out to fit god knows how much drop.. could be like 5-6 inches. shortening the axle is good too.. man i'd get rid of those wheels and figure something else cause the cost of fixing all that stuff cause of the rims could buy you another set..

ya I see what you are saying...is it possible to bag it with the rims I have on now...and then later on get rims with a different offset. Because there is still a decent amount of space that the truck can go down...then later on when I get different rims, it will go down more.

ya I see what you are saying...is it possible to bag it with the rims I have on now...and then later on get rims with a different offset. Because there is still a decent amount of space that the truck can go down...then later on when I get different rims, it will go down more.

I would think so just get some bump stops so it doesn't go down to low hell you could even just get some lower profile tire later on down the road which would let it go even lower and keep the rims you have now

Archived