id be interested although idk if i could handle the negative temperatures being as ive lived in south georgia all my life ...

it is easier to get used to the cold that it is to get used to the heat. i spent a year in alaska and loved it.

----reference's----

meade916

That doesn't sound bad at all. How would someone go about getting into a position like that?

Thanks,

Lunari

Well, depending on what you were wanting to do, 1st thing if you live in Texas you need to fill out with the Texas work force commission and then

go to where ever you are wanting to work at. Alot of these companys down South are begging for good and clean workers. Alot of Rigs such as

Nabors, Greywolf, GreyStone, Patterson, Unit, Scan these are just a small few in the local area and they are allways hiring. Without a degree

hands down there is almost no place you can start the 1st day and make $18+ an hour.

Team Ampere Audio

Well, depending on what you were wanting to do, 1st thing if you live in Texas you need to fill out with the Texas work force commission and then

go to where ever you are wanting to work at. Alot of these companys down South are begging for good and clean workers. Alot of Rigs such as

Nabors, Greywolf, GreyStone, Patterson, Unit, Scan these are just a small few in the local area and they are allways hiring. Without a degree

hands down there is almost no place you can start the 1st day and make $18+ an hour.

I was wondering about the service side of it, other than the actual drilling etc. We have Nabors, Pool, and Patterson around here mostly. Although you see some Halliburton guys occasionally.

Lunari

Getting loud on a budget. Impossible? We shall see!

95 Chevy Blazer

Pioneer DEH-6700MP

RF T10001BD

AA Havoc 18"

??

I was wondering about the service side of it, other than the actual drilling etc. We have Nabors, Pool, and Patterson around here mostly. Although you see some Halliburton guys occasionally.

Lunari

Justin ( xtremespl ) services the Natural gas rigs. He works in Northern California where they have a lot of rigs around drilling. He does piplelines that goes from the well to pg&e lines. He is the person to talk to if you are interested. He can give you the company name he works for. He works with Halliburton doing fracs, and Nabors rigs cutting off bolts, or welding repairs. He does the same with kenaj rigs.

He said if he need any more info to get ahold of him. He has aim and yahoo. He would be more than happy to tell you more about what he does. He said it is crappy pay but you will always have a job if you show up to work.

Rough necks around here make 23.00 a hr starting. They work 7 days on, and then get 7 days off. They work 12 hr shifts. So you really only work 2 weeks a month, 6 months a year.

Edited by thumper_in_cali

I'm going to apply at a place called Treo drilling today, they work 21 on 7 off and roughnecks start at $24 or $25/hour. 12-14 hour shifts, plus $15/hour travel time. Living out of a camp, everything included (food blah blah) and get a $50/day living allowance (LOA).

Should clear $5000 in 3 weeks of work. If this doesn't work I'll be driving up to FSJ (fort saint john, BC) lol

I'll keep my situation updated, once I'm in I'll have better info/experience

crxsilogozz5.gif

Thought I might update my situation:

H2S ALIVE coarse: done ($130)

Class 5 "advanced" license: done ($100 + $20)

air brake “ Q” endorsement: done

Class 3 driver training: 2 hours a day everyday next week ($950 + $220 + $20)

Basic First Aid & CPR level C: Monday 20th/21st ($130)

Winter clothes shopping: Wed 22nd ($500)

Leaving: end of this month

Reason I decided to get the license -- I wanna get into the service side of the industry, I'll probably drive from site to site in a big hydro vac 5 ton truck.. There's nutty hours involved, I'm looking at 14-18 hour days. All overtime paid! Living and expenses paid! My company will also pay for my class 1 training, maybe re-imburse me for the class 3, first aid and h2s.

crxsilogozz5.gif

good luck bro, that training can be mad useful, never really going to be looking too hard for work if youre willing to do those hours and are certified for it.

i love how my college teachers tell me "if youre trying to get out of college with a 50k/yr job youre going to have to learn this stuff" and all i can think of is that i'd make 50k a year if i worked full time out of highschool, and everyone i know that didnt go to college gets more than that, my buddy is 21 and gets 46$/hr and double overtime doing like gas lines or some junk in nyc. he works 6 days a week 10-12 hours, and has a 3-4 hour commute, so he ahs no life, but rakes in cash, not rare to get 5k a week, and the employer paid for all the training

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC