I Really Don't Understand!

i got the RF T162s and i have installe dthem, but the right side is not working properly, like the tweeter is workin, but the midbass isn't...... so i figured it was a faulty x over sent it back and they tested it and said it was workin fine but sent me a brand new one anyway!, but it isn't. i test the mid speaker on the left side and it is working fine. i tried it back on the right side(same wirin etc as when it woked on left side!) and it still isn't working. i put a DMM on the speaker wires earlia and it had like 9 volts during music, but it isnt makin the speaker work!?

does anybody know why this is doing it?

there must be power gettin to the x over cus the tweeter is workin, but the mib bass output doesnt seem to be? is this possible?!?!?

urgg i wanna jus get my speakers workinnn!

cheers for any help people:)

*Alpine Typr-R 12"

*JBL GTO 1200.1 Sub Amp

*Alpine PDX-4.100

*Rockford Fosgate Power 6.5's

*Rockford Fosgate Fanatics 6.5's Both in front doors

*0/1 Guage wiring from front Junction Boxes to 120AH Battery In Boot (battery removed because too small for alternator)

*140 Amp HO Alternator

*Alpine Head Unit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------x------------------------------------------------------------------------------

are you testing it with, or with out the crossover in line?

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

then its a bad speaker, you just sent the wrong part in for repair

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

put the passenger speaker on the driver crossover and see if it works. if it does it not the speaker. swtich the crossovers side to side and see if that changes anything.

check the balance in the HU :pardon:

Edited by BAGGEDBIRDS.com

1st  SMD "System of the Month" Feb. 2007

Zapco Studio 500 (2)

Zapco Studio 300X

Zapco Studio 204 (2)

(2) FI 12ssd's w/ copper coils

DLS Iridium Tweeters

DLS UR2.5 MidRange

FI. N.7 Midbass

JL Audio TWK 88 

Mechman 370A Elite Alternator

I cant believe how many customers I have seen come in and say "My right speaker doesnt work, its blown, you guys did it!"

And then it was the customer screwing with the balance, fade and sht

lol

sundown.jpg

then its a bad speaker, you just sent the wrong part in for repair

its wierd man, the driver speaker works on the passenger x over, but not on the driver x over:s

*Alpine Typr-R 12"

*JBL GTO 1200.1 Sub Amp

*Alpine PDX-4.100

*0/1 Guage wiring from front Junction Boxes to 120AH Battery In Boot (battery removed because too small for alternator)

*140 Amp HO Alternator

*Alpine Head Unit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------x------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I cant believe how many customers I have seen come in and say "My right speaker doesnt work, its blown, you guys did it!"

And then it was the customer screwing with the balance, fade and sht

lol

the balance is on 0, i have 2 mid bass speakers in each front doors and the other drivers one is workin normally, jus the front of the 2 isnt :s

*Alpine Typr-R 12"

*JBL GTO 1200.1 Sub Amp

*Alpine PDX-4.100

*140 Amp HO Alternator

*Alpine Head Unit

this is interesting, the speaker works on other xover but not on that xover but tweet works?, how bout take the xover apart to see if one of the soilders came loose, i had to do taht on my polk db comp set, it was easy to fix just pull the board out, melt the soilder down a lil to get it out of the hole, then stick the part thats prolly loose back in its place and resoilder just dont get it on the other circuits and make sure witch one ur workin on and ur good, prolly some cap or coil came loose seems like it, same thing that happin to my polks tho, ied try that should work

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

this is interesting, the speaker works on other xover but not on that xover but tweet works?, how bout take the xover apart to see if one of the soilders came loose, i had to do taht on my polk db comp set, it was easy to fix just pull the board out, melt the soilder down a lil to get it out of the hole, then stick the part thats prolly loose back in its place and resoilder just dont get it on the other circuits and make sure witch one ur workin on and ur good, prolly some cap or coil came loose seems like it, same thing that happin to my polks tho, ied try that should work

but the thing is i sent the 1st x over back that was not workin with the mid bass, but when they tested it it was workin fine. now they have sent a brand new one to me and its still the samee!

it wouldnt be anything to do with the rca would it. cus the tweeter is workin but not the mid!

:s im so confused and pissed off! :(

*Alpine Typr-R 12"

*JBL GTO 1200.1 Sub Amp

*Alpine PDX-4.100

*140 Amp HO Alternator

*Alpine Head Unit

on another thought, u ever try hookin another speaker to the same xover thats not workin to see if it works?, or maby switch the xovers to see if the left speaker wroks with right xover? lol, ive never seen a mid output not work but work when they hook it up, maby u might be unpluging it when u put it in? or do u leave it out when u try it out? this is wierd ied like to see what it was once it works out, good luck man

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif