Fi 18s

Another thing (if it factors into the choice at all), a friend of mine has a two 15" Eclipse Titaniums in a first gen Integra and that thing makes you feel like your head is about to implode, and I want that feeling ;)

Getting loud on a budget. Impossible? We shall see!

95 Chevy Blazer

Pioneer DEH-6700MP

RF T10001BD

AA Havoc 18"

??

I'm bumpin' one 15" BL off of the same amp as yours (Amp birthed a little over 1500 watts) in a 3.36 cube box tuned to 32 hz. The sub moves my doors on both sides, flexes not only my rear window, but my front window, as well. I'm not talking just a little bit...I'm saying if you put your hand on my front windshield, you'll see it moving your arm clear as day. Personally...I'd save for another T1000.bd and get the BL's...it'll be loud...really, really loud. I think if you put ~1500w on the BL's, they sound great as far as SQ goes, compared to 1000w.

As far as a single set up goes....a single 18" BL would still pound. I've beat dual 12" kicker set ups with my single 15 even though they're outpowering me and have me beat in serface area. Shows it's all in the set up

Edited by shooter69

(1)Fi BTL 15

(1)AQ 2200d

4.33 Cubes~33hz

Big Three done

XS 1200 in the back

i hate to shoot everyone down, but whats with all this flex stuff, my moderatly loud 12's pop my sunroof and make my windshield wipers dance from the trunk, i dont think its anything special, not to mention my 6.5's in the doors of my old durango definately fogged the mirrors and rattled that piece of shit excuse for a vehicle. numbers and quality matter, not how similar your car looks to jello while its in your trunk.

that said, 15in titaniums are nuckin futs subwoofers, few things made compare to those, and personally after hearing 2 15in titaniums with 5kish watts and 2 18in btls of a t4k, i think theyre pretty similar as far as spl, but i must admit that the btls sounded a bit better to me.

unless you want to get another amp, go with the ssd's, the q/bl/btl need more power than you can provide, unless you want to do the big three and batteries and a bigger/multiple amps.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

Okay, so compare that "piece of shit" car to my 04 Taurus. I'm willing to bet things are a little more....tight...on mine. Sure...flex doesn't necessarily relate to loudness. But it's hard to describe loudness to someone over a computer without a TL, which I have no access to. Everyone's opinion is different as far as what 'loud' is. So flex is just a reference or an aid in giving him an answer.

(1)Fi BTL 15

(1)AQ 2200d

4.33 Cubes~33hz

Big Three done

XS 1200 in the back

I say 2 fully loaded Fi 15 or 18 ssd's. If you make the box correctly, it will most likely be louder than your friends setups. If you get some fully loaded SSD's, they will most likely handle extra power in the future, maybe around 1000ish. Just don't make the box at minimum volume, make it a little bigger, and it should be perfect, it will be more efficient and louder, since you don't have mounds of power to dump onto them.

Edited by Moti
777319156.png

2 fi SSD 18's and a big box, about 8-9cubes each, low tuning will definitely do the trick.

low power + big box will shake your car off and do the lows that you need. if you are on a budget you don't even have to buy the bp option because you are running 800rms each.

• 1 month later...

If money is tight stick to the SSD 18's you wont be sorry dont keep looking around for other subs that just cost a little more because it will throw you off but The SSD's own the cvrs by a long shot bud but it mainly depends on the setup [99% the enclosure].If space is'nt a option get a enclosure like this its called

"THE WICKED ONE HORN ENCLOSURE" It may look weird but I know this guy that has 2 10'' pioneer subs (350 rms a piece) thats hitting 140-143db with this enclosure (4 cuft) and the 2 10's get as deep as his 15'' Kicker CVX (6.5 cuft)!! Just depends on the enclosure!!!!

http://www.decware.com/whorn.htm

''Hope This Helped!"

Very Very Soon 2 Come???

(1):2002 Chevy Blazer Xtreme (2-dr. with Sunroof)

(4):15'' Orion Hcca's

(1):Stetsom V 14K2D

(6):Kicker PKD1 (Ampkit)

Ported:14 Cuft. (After all displacements) Tuned to 34hz. 3/4 MDF

(8):Screws for terminals (Better solid connection no leaks)

(1):Dynamat xtreme license plate kit

(1):Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X492

(3):300amp HO Alternators

(4):Kinetik HC 3800 Batts.

(1)Rockford Fosgate Power T8004 (For Mids & Highs)

(4)Rockford Fosgate Power T162S (Mids & Highs)

(3):Kicker PKD4 Ampkit (For Mids & Highs)

(1):Kinetik HC 1800 (under the hood or yellow top)

(1):Viper 5701 (p/n 5202V) ALARM

Big III will be done (beefing up my electrical system) etc.

Goal:154.9db-159.5db