Second Skin Audio

Anyway Possible?

14" x 47" x 31" = 14' 33"

how many cubes do the the BTL's need?

when i did it on the12volt.com my dimentions came out to be a like a lil over 11.5 cubes

Thats funny I get 12.039 internally cubed if your using 3/4 inch wood without any port or sub displacement.

You must subtract 1.5 inches from every dimension if your using 3/4 inch thick wood.

Subtract 2 inches from every dimension if your using 1 inch thick wood.

The Fi btl 15s recomend 3-5 cubic feet per sub in a ported box. With .21 cubed of displacement.

so 3 x .21 = 0.63 cubic feet for sub displacement.

12.039 - 0.63 = 11.049 cubic feet iternally with sub displacement.

No idea how big of a port your going to run, so I cant subtract that out of the box.

But you have over 2 cubic feet for port displacement, and you will still be able to give each sub the lowest recomended space per sub which is 3 cubed.

So yes, you can do 3 Fi BTL's ported.

sorry for the bad math. 14.33 foot cubes is it from the dimentions.

Your math is wrong because your dimensions are for the external volume, not the internal volume.

The 2 different volumes will make or break your box. If you use external volume while calculating port tuning your box will be so far off on the freq you tuned for.

another guy told me round ports will be best

Theres really no difference in round ports vs a slot/vent port.

Both ports can have port noise or turbulance if they are built wrong (ie too much or too little port volume).

You can gain db's by using areo ports if you use them correctly, but its really up to you since you gotta listen to it.