Need Help On Power!

ok..today i bought an amp from a friend of mine (crunch PZI.250.2) so well i installed it on the car just to test it out....by the way i had 8 gauge wiring for my other amp i have in there so anyways i installed it wired it to a '12' mtx 4500 and someother 10's i had laying around there...so i bridged all three woofers togethere..i believe thats total of 1 ohm load?...so anyways i turn on the car turn the music up 16-35(volume)...and i see lights dim a lil...so i turned it up a lil more 25-35(volume)...then wow light were dimming alot..also the RPM went a lil more lower than normal.i believe voltage drop...it sounded loud! but i see ima need alot of upgrades...

what size power wire would i need?

what size of fuse?. right now i have 100 amp anl fuses here..would that work?.

would i need extra battery(s).?

definitely BIG III..1/0 gauge wiring..

am i missing anything?..

and what good woofer would i need for this (crunch PZI.250.2)?..i was thinking on a '15' power acoustik mofo..

i would take any advise from anybody..!

Edited by DUBIE

i wouldent run that amp at one ohm since it is a two channel amp which can only get down to 2 ohms you may end up damaning the amp with that one ohm.

here's the stats on the amp

RMS Power Range : 250-500 Watts

Number Of Channels: 2

Maximum Power: 1000 Watts

Built In Crossovers: Yes

Channel Separation: Yes

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

i wouldent run that amp at one ohm since it is a two channel amp which can only get down to 2 ohms you may end up damaning the amp with that one ohm.

here's the stats on the amp

RMS Power Range : 250-500 Watts

Number Of Channels: 2

Maximum Power: 1000 Watts

Built In Crossovers: Yes

Channel Separation: Yes

i didnt really see the info on the amp....but right now im not gonna use it till i get all the stuff i need...but when i get everything how do you wired it at 2 ohms?

isnt this the stats of the amp?or just the rms wattage?

RMS @ 4-Ohms: 250W x 2-Ch

RMS @ 2-Ohms: 500W x 2-Ch

RMS @ 4-Ohms: 1000W x 1-Ch

Edited by DUBIE

what subs do you plan on using with that amp.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

i didnt really see the info on the amp....but right now im not gonna use it till i get all the stuff i need...but when i get everything how do you wired it at 2 ohms?

isnt this the stats of the amp?or just the rms wattage?

RMS @ 4-Ohms: 250W x 2-Ch

RMS @ 2-Ohms: 500W x 2-Ch

RMS @ 4-Ohms: 1000W x 1-Ch

it's the rms i think.

what subs do you plan on using with that amp.

like i said ^^^^^ i was thinking on a '15 power acoustik mofo..that should be enough power for it?.or am i gonna need more?