Sonic Electronix

Considering A Build, And Want Your Help!

Woooooooooooooow. You mean RMS really doesn't mean shit? I never knew. I just run my speakers at 4 times the RMS for a laugh 01nocomment8so.gif

the ratings can be inflated, a lot of companies do this, because there's no true way to get a solid number because just about all companies use different equations to get this number. Find out what equation was used, and bingo, you can figure out what thermal is, and when you have thermal handling, you'll know what the ratio to QES-to-QMS is, and when you find QTS, you'll know how much the cone moves, basically saying, you want the best movement for electrical, that way, you can feed it massive amounts of power and cool it at the right speed, remember, QTS is what its all about!

and toward the rest of your comment, thank you, how much of this material do you think would do the trick in the doors? and also, how much should be on my non-metered side and will the rear doors affect my meter score?

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

-if I get a job, it gets 2 SA 8s in a 2.5cube box (roughly 2 cube with the port and woofers in)-

-oh, and a new HU and some speakers that dont suck. and possibly a new muffler and tint job (previous owners tint is smudging in the back, if you know how to get tint off a window without damaging the heating stuff, let me know!!!)-

Basically to make this comment sound right,

if a driver moves far enough with the suspension able to keep it in the gap, you can feed a shit ton of power to it, but you don't need a ton of power to get it sounding great, Most drivers (including SPL drivers) sound better with less power, yes, you read that right, about 38% under rated RMS gives an excellent movement for most drivers in the common QTS ratio. Basically saying, all drivers will sound better with less power, but we're not saying a RE MT is gonna sound better at 250W than it will at 1000W, thats illogical, but hopefully you get the point.

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

-if I get a job, it gets 2 SA 8s in a 2.5cube box (roughly 2 cube with the port and woofers in)-

-oh, and a new HU and some speakers that dont suck. and possibly a new muffler and tint job (previous owners tint is smudging in the back, if you know how to get tint off a window without damaging the heating stuff, let me know!!!)-

Deadening the rear of the vehicle (except the roof because it's connected to the front half) won't effect the score as long as you seal the front baffle from the rear of the vehicle.

If you intend to play music in it, deaden both sides of the car. Deadening one side is really a burp-only thing.

I'm not familiar with your dampening material (obviously) but do 1 layer everywhere and then look for flex/resonating panels and apply it as required.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

kk

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

Archived