Second Skin Audio

Coil Sound

i just ordered two used 18 xlc and one of the coil is making noises when installed, but it does not smell like burn coils..im thinking the stupido carriers threw the box around and the magnet is not aligning in the right spot could this be true? im saying this because i had a 15 jl and one magnet was off and when i played it, it was making coil noises and took it out of the box and found out that the magnets were not aligned. Got a rubber hammer and bangged it back in place and works fine.

were they freshly reconed at all?

if so, the guy might not of shimmed them right, and the coil could be rubbing against the pole piece

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

well, peeling the cap off will either ruin the cone, or the dome itself

so.... that is something you might not want to do

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

its possible metal debris got sucked in to the motor assembly, so getting a blow gun, and blowing off the coil assembly

actually, you said this is the XLC right? stamped steel frame, there is no cooling vents in the frame to suck in debris, if debris went in thru the pole piece cooling vent, then your just kinda fuked

sundown.jpg

all you need is a piece of metal the size of a grain of sand, even smaller to get sucked in there

that VC gap is like a black hole for metal shavings, screws, etc

sundown.jpg

if its saw dust, a simple blow gun would get rid of it

sundown.jpg